News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2008, 08:24:10 PM
Was wondering if you were going to keep us updated on what was going on with the car now. It was nice to finally get to see the car over at Rich's house even if it was up on the flatbed. I think you were just wanting to park your car like Geno does his.
if only they would have let me take the roll back out on the track laps   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: pettybird on September 26, 2008, 08:47:11 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 26, 2008, 03:26:20 PM
couldn't you just fix it with out pulling it out  or did it run for too long with no oil pressure? 

mic everything up  and  replace the bad parts  . i call that an in the engine compartment rebuild. in the old days we would do it laying on the floor in the back yard . working on my picnic table.

check this out . read a little down the page at the 270h cam . that's the recommended six pack cam with  stock converter . i have it in my 68 r/t sounds good at idle too and lots of power . i have a sixpack on that car , works well with it .

look, your car isn't a race car , it's to heavy for that . it's a cruiser . i think that's what you want . don't loose your mind with monster cams .

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:290Ot7GLpcQJ:www.compcams.com/technical/Catalogs/106-07/40-49_229.pdf+chrysler+440+comp+cams&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a

the only thing I don't like about those cams is the tight 110LSA...  otherwise I'd pick the third Xtreme cam from the bottom. 

The 71 Charger R/T is running again with a mild 440, factory exhaust manifolds, and the Summit #6401 cam Crane grinds for them.  114 LSA has surprisingly good vacuum.  Split pattern cam that helps out the factory exhaust setup.  Maybe you can hear it sometime, or drive it for that matter.  I actually have power steering at idle again, and no bumping it into neutral at stoplights.  Just enough lope at idle to tell it's not stock.

Also, a cam I hear good things about with six pack setups, and mild builds, is the Crower 271HDP, might check into it.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2008, 09:37:29 PM
i just want a stock six pac cam  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
You need to call Mr six pack for your next cam.......I just finished putting in one in Joe's Superbird and Onebad has one in his car also
Ken

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on September 27, 2008, 07:34:14 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2008, 09:37:29 PM
i just want a stock six pac cam  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
You need to call Mr six pack for your next cam.......I just finished putting in one in Joe's Superbird and Onebad has one in his car also
Ken
thanks for the info lonnie and ken  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on September 26, 2008, 11:47:09 PM

The 71 Charger R/T is running again with a mild 440, factory exhaust manifolds, and the Summit #6401 cam Crane grinds for them.  114 LSA has surprisingly good vacuum.  Split pattern cam that helps out the factory exhaust setup.  Maybe you can hear it sometime, or drive it for that matter.  I actually have power steering at idle again, and no bumping it into neutral at stoplights.  Just enough lope at idle to tell it's not stock.

Also, a cam I hear good things about with six pack setups, and mild builds, is the Crower 271HDP, might check into it.

so this is a very drivable cam?  i've had the 474/474 mopar grind in the motor for 9 years and while it's OK i'm thinking of jumping ship anyway.

moparstuart

anyone else have a good experience with theses or another six pac cam ?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

moparstuart

i still love ya   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      I love my car even though it hates me  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   words can never hurt me  :nana:

Charger-Bodie

My buddy has a Mr Sixpak cam in his and it is awesome!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 29, 2008, 10:02:15 AM
  i still love ya   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      I love my car even though it hates me  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   words can never hurt me  :nana:

right?

i could rip you to shreds but your biggest enemy would still be the damn car!

you made a mistake in painting it.  if they're a little rough like ours you can kick 'em every once in a while to feel better  :lol:

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

pettybird

now that's an idea.  find a fellow car guy and kick him.

I like it. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on September 29, 2008, 03:27:39 PM

I like it. 
   remind me of that next year when I see ya buddy 

your a big boy but i still think i can take  ya  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

nascarxx29

We had similar mechanical and electrical dilemas putting the FM3 superbird conv together..
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 29, 2008, 03:44:59 PM
We had similar mechanical and electrical dilemas putting the FM3 superbird conv together..
it's the convertible bird hex , what next am i going to have to deal with fire damage also ?

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 29, 2008, 03:42:07 PM
Quote from: pettybird on September 29, 2008, 03:27:39 PM

I like it. 
   remind me of that next year when I see ya buddy 

your a big boy but i still think i can take  ya  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

you might just need another ride.

ooooh yeah, I went there.  BURN. 

moparstuart

thanks for dragging me around , I know i was a burden  :smilielol:

moparstuart

birdible motor is getting pulled tonight and pulled apart , we will see what else is broken 

moparstuart

i went with mopar hounds suggestion on the cam and ordered the  #6401

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

motor is all apart again and block is at the machine shop being cleaned up again , going to use the orginal crank from the six pac ( air conditioned block ) motor .  It's already fresh and 10/10