News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 07, 2010, 02:05:57 PM
Your kids look much older in person. :icon_smile_big:
especially Quinton, he is as tall as I am!
By the way, thanks Stuart. I finally got off my butt and ordered the exhaust gaskets for my 'Bird after seeing yours.
That should be one less noise I have to deal with......

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 07, 2010, 06:26:49 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on July 07, 2010, 02:05:57 PM
Your kids look much older in person. :icon_smile_big:
especially Quinton, he is as tall as I am!
By the way, thanks Stuart. I finally got off my butt and ordered the exhaust gaskets for my 'Bird after seeing yours.
That should be one less noise I have to deal with......
now maybe you can hear your knock better ???   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

yeah that picture is about 10 years old or so we were doing what we do  traveling as a family to  a car show in wichita  the WAM show
great picture of the car just a couple years after its resto
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Stuart, you have a great family. The kids are very knowledgable about cars and very polite. And, we enjoyed talking with your wife. She seems very nice.
Hope to see some or all of them at St. Louis. I think I promised someone a ride around the track in the Black Ice bird.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think I promised someone a ride around the track in the Black Ice bird.

i know i won't be at that show . back yard body shop opens up soon .

i look forward to the day that i can ride in your bird and meet you and little Stu face to face .  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene...I promised Stuart's son that he could ride with us.
I promised you that you could drive. Big difference.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

when i said little Stu , i meant big Stuart . he's just smaller   then me  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 10, 2010, 12:28:53 AM
Rene...I promised Stuart's son that he could ride with us.
I promised you that you could drive. Big difference.  :icon_smile_big:
quintin told me he was suppost to drive yours    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

If Rene's not going to be there...I'm definitely driving the bird on the first trip around the track. Quinton can drive it the next year. I promise.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 11, 2010, 11:07:49 AM
If Rene's not going to be there...I'm definitely driving the bird on the first trip around the track. Quinton can drive it the next year. I promise.
i bought a set of new pistons and rings today  80 bucks and a blue mopar performance regulator .  now i just need rods

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2010, 09:49:50 PM
i bought a set of new pistons and rings today  80 bucks and a blue mopar performance regulator .  now i just need rods

why the constant output regulator? 

moparstuart

LOL I think he was throwing that out there.
But I will right click, save and print out that quote for notorization =)

hotrod98

Never put anything in writing unless you're ready to stand behind it.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on July 11, 2010, 11:10:03 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2010, 09:49:50 PM

why the constant output regulator? 
I had an extra blue one , from my 69 runner and bill my bubdy with the blue 64 plymouth  said his was not working right ,  well the blue one was way too hot for my car ,It kept blowing my coil and my electronic box . His car is more of a race/street car so he wanted it .  He put it on his car and it fixed him right up . So he gave me a 20.00 discount on the pistons .   So i paid 80 bucks for brand new pistons with new rings . 

moparstuart

i did buy new stock standard bore pistons now i just need rods   

this is the top of the old one  no damage

moparstuart

new ones -

pettybird

te old one doesn't look bad but for $100/set for new ones, why chance it?

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on July 14, 2010, 10:06:27 AM
te old one doesn't look bad but for $100/set for new ones, why chance it?
yeah just 80 bucks out of pocket and my engine builder insisted on new piston and rods  .

now i just need to decide on a good rod to use for long distance driving .

70Sbird

Stuart,
Just got my Remflex gaskets on Monday, Should I start a poll, will I get to test them out on my car before you do on yours?
:nana:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

i would guess i'm at least a month out  ,  :brickwall:

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2010, 10:24:44 PM
i would guess i'm at least a month out  ,  :brickwall:
I'm thinking that I may do mine Saturday. I have a local mopar show (Mopars Invade Roanoke) later this month so I may wash the 'Bird as well!
I have quite the collection of squashed bugs on the windshield and nose.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

good you can be the  test then   :icon_smile_big:  are you doing both or just the head to manifold or just the flange  ???

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2010, 10:42:45 PM
good you can be the  test then   :icon_smile_big:  are you doing both or just the head to manifold or just the flange  ???
Just the flange as my manifolds have been happily sealed to the head since 2004, unitl I disurb something!

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 14, 2010, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2010, 10:42:45 PM
Just the flange as my manifolds have been happily sealed to the head since 2004, unitl I disurb something!
when we pulled mine the flange was burnt out the worst but my right rear head area was burnt some too so good thing i got both

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2010, 10:13:06 AM

now i just need to decide on a good rod to use for long distance driving .

HHHHEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hotrod98

I bought a set of rods from Mopar Performance a few years ago for the six pack motor in the 69. My son worked for a Dodge dealership and they let him order 12 rods. We picked out the ones that were closest balance wise and sent the other four back. My machine shop was able to get that rotating assembly perfectly balanced. You can really tell the difference when they're balanced correctly. They live a lot longer too. I'm not sure if they still make those rods but they were similar to the six pack rods. I have a set of six pack rods but they're not close enough in weight to get a real good balance. If you want them I'll take a $100 for the set. You might pick up a couple of more rods somewhere and make a close set. I've been saving them for a guy but after six years I'm beginning to think he doesn't want them.

I've been running Manley rods in most of my race motors, I've had very good luck with them. The little super pro small block motor sees 6800 quite regularly. I run aluminum rods but I think they make steel rods as well.

Charles Addams