News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 15, 2010, 02:07:24 PM
I bought a set of rods from Mopar Performance a few years ago for the six pack motor in the 69. My son worked for a Dodge dealership and they let him order 12 rods. We picked out the ones that were closest balance wise and sent the other four back. My machine shop was able to get that rotating assembly perfectly balanced. You can really tell the difference when they're balanced correctly. They live a lot longer too. I'm not sure if they still make those rods but they were similar to the six pack rods. I have a set of six pack rods but they're not close enough in weight to get a real good balance. If you want them I'll take a $100 for the set. You might pick up a couple of more rods somewhere and make a close set. I've been saving them for a guy but after six years I'm beginning to think he doesn't want them.

I've been running Manley rods in most of my race motors, I've had very good luck with them. The little super pro small block motor sees 6800 quite regularly. I run aluminum rods but I think they make steel rods as well.

thanks for the offer on the six pacs but i want new rods and i want someting lighter then those monsters , they were in the first motor and  I put one out the side of the block .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotethose monsters , they were in the first motor and  I put one out the side of the block .

Yea , those sixpack rods are to heavy . now they got stronger ones that are lighter.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

Stu, Those are an excellent choice for connecting rods.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 16, 2010, 08:59:50 PM
Stu, Those are an excellent choice for connecting rods.  :2thumbs:
cool  I think i will pull the trigger
russ at indy has them for around the same price , I will buy them at indy

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

look what showed up at out hpac mopar cruise  AMC guys

moparstuart

my H beams came friday  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on July 24, 2010, 07:20:49 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

look what showed up at out hpac mopar cruise  AMC guys

Hey..I gots one of them little cars also!!  :D

A383Wing

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on July 24, 2010, 08:38:47 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 24, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
my H beams came friday  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

are the rods aluminum?
forged steel ,,  I dont think your suppost to drive long distances on aluminum rods , they are for a quarter mile at a time  ?

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on July 24, 2010, 08:40:52 PM

are the rods aluminum?
forged steel ,,  I dont think your suppost to drive long distances on aluminum rods , they are for a quarter mile at a time  ?

yea..that's why I asked....they sure look shiny on my computer....I wasn't sure

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on July 24, 2010, 08:43:18 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 24, 2010, 08:40:52 PM

are the rods aluminum?

yea..that's why I asked....they sure look shiny on my computer....I wasn't sure
Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods
Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods
Connecting Rods, 6.760 in., ESP 4340 H-Beam, Cap Screw, Bushed, Mopar, Big Block RB, Set of 8

3D Design? Rods with a part number ending in "3D" have extra machining in non critical areas to save weight. In some cases they can make engine balancing easier.

EAGLE RODS FEATURE:

Weight matched sets, avaliable individually

Certified 4130 steel, vacuum degassed to remove impurities

EACH Forging is X Rayed, Sonic Tested & Magnafluxed to indure quality

All surfaces are 100% machined

Shotpeened to stress reieve the metal

ARP 7/16" 8740 capscrew bolts (190,000psi) standard. (VW have 5/16")

ARP L-19 rod bolts (265,000psi), are recomended for Small Blocks over 700 hp and Big Blocks over 800hp. and are available at additonal cost

Multi Stage Heat Treated

Packaged in weight matched sets end to end +/- 1 gram
Regular price: $524.95
Sale price: $419.00
EAG-CRS6760C3D

BigBlockSam

QuoteHey..I gots one of them little cars also!

:smilielol:

pettybird

66chargerkid

Unfortunately those fancy rods don't work with press in wrist pinned pistons...
They are for floating pistons.  :'( :flame: :brickwall: :slap:

pettybird

BigBlockSam

hey Mr!

send that motor this way and let some northern boys build it for ya . maybe we can change your black cloud to a gray one  :D

moparstuart

moparstuart

who sells a new , good  low compression piston and rings for my floating pin rods ?

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 29, 2010, 02:27:05 PM
i would get in touch with the company that sold you the rods and see what pistons they recommend .

i found these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Plymouth-440-forged-Probe-pistons-flat-top-1-090-/150416080296?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23057f3da8
yeah i did  mancini quoted me  500.00 buck for pistons and rings  , I was just hoping to not spend that much .   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: