News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where can I buy some front headliner trim clips for a 70 Charger?

Started by Blakcharger440, August 23, 2007, 06:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I need a set of Charger front headliner trim clips for a 70 Charger. These are the clips that hold the front trim piece to the headliner.

Does anyone know where you can buy these from or is there something else I could use?

I am not sure what other year or style of Dodges had them but I do know that ones from a 68 Coronet will not work as I got a few from a parts car in a salvage yard that will not work.  :mrgreen:

69charger2002

i zm not sure what you mean by headliner trim clips..there is the 5 foot long headliner trim piece, 2 a pillars on the side.. side to side rods with holsters at the ends for the rods to sit in, and then drip rail trough pieces with clips on them.. they are like 6 feet long with clips.. i probably have what you need but can you be more clear about exactly what you are looking for?
as far as i know coronet a pillar plastic is longer, but other than that most pieces in the interior are similar.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 23, 2007, 08:33:09 PM
i zm not sure what you mean by headliner trim clips..there is the 5 foot long headliner trim piece, 2 a pillars on the side.. side to side rods with holsters at the ends for the rods to sit in, and then drip rail trough pieces with clips on them.. they are like 6 feet long with clips.. i probably have what you need but can you be more clear about exactly what you are looking for?
as far as i know coronet a pillar plastic is longer, but other than that most pieces in the interior are similar.
trav

Yep you are right my description does not describe it very well at all  :lol:

There is a 5 foot long headliner trim piece near the top of the windshield that is held in with 5 or 6 screws. Those screws fit into the holes of the clips that I am referring to.

bill440rt

Blak,
I'm 99% sure R/T Specialties has those. I remember seeing them at his booth at Carlisle this year.

Good Luck!!

PS- How'd the headliner come out??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Blakcharger440

The ones that RT specialties has on their website are like the ones that I took off a 68 Coronet 4 door... they are too tall and will not fit a 70 Charger.

Can anyone think of any other type of clip that would work?

Patronus

Has anyone found these mounting clips? R/T Specialities seems to have a disconnected phone number...
Uhhh or I could dial 570 instead of 507.... :icon_smile_blackeye: btw, R/T's has just about everything... :2thumbs:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Hemidog

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE