News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack Stud location-Geno check your hole!

Started by Daytona R/T SE, August 25, 2007, 10:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

A disscussion in another post got me wondering ahout this  :scratchchin:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32792.0.html

I just got through mocking my jacks/handle/lug wrench in place this morning. I've drilled the hole in the wrong place. I used the measurements from an unrestored car to locate this hole. It needs to be moved inboard about 1 inch.

Better double check your hole, Geno  ;)

UFO

"Better double check your hole,Geno"   That just sounds wrong  LOL

nascarxx29

I thought I might find the specifications for jack hold down in the wing warrior site archives.No luck

#4. These are the Daytona's front jack components. The handle is from some Dodge pickups. The jack was originally made for Chrysler by Custer Manufacturing. Any other uses are unknown. It is likely the cradle locator is a special weld-on. The bracket is a special Daytona part.

#5. This shows the jack bracket bolt head (underneath the car). Notice the free-spinning washer has a 7/16" hole. The bolt is 3/8" x 2" and the threads go all the way to the 9/16" head. Some cars used a 1.75" bolt
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

Quote from: UFO on August 25, 2007, 01:42:28 PM
"Better double check your hole,Geno" That just sounds wrong LOL

:smilielol:

I don't know if you could see really well from the picture, but the measurement I took was from the edge of the Trunk Extension panel, and not from the quarterpanel itself .  That might make up at least part of that 1" you're finding, Chris.  Still, that's exactly the reason I want to go over that location with Vance.  The trunk floor and framerails have both been replaced, so at the moment I have as much flexibility as you (Chris) do in positioning that hole.  I have forgotten whether the framerail gets in the way of moving it inboard or not - have you looked that situation over yet?

Thanks for double-checking that dimension though.  I'll be making that phone call Monday I do believe...

:2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Yep, I measured in from the edge of the extension 11 inches and drilled the hole. I thought I had mocked this up once before and all was well, but now when I set it up as pictured in the jack instruction decal  it doesn't work :brickwall: No room to spin the wing nut  :brickwall:
There's plenty of room to go inboard with the hole another inch or so, but if you try to go back towards the tail light panel with it you'll run into the leaf spring hanger brace  :brickwall:

Oh well, I'll just MIG one hole up and drill another one!  :cheers: