News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA

Started by 65post, August 26, 2007, 12:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

hemigeno

Interesting link there, thanks for posting it!

I was wondering though, about how a shipping date to the dealership could be dated March 22, 1969 when the conversions did not start until June of '69... 

:shruggy:

69_500

I'm wondering about that date as well. I think he was probably meaning to state that they ordered it on March 22nd. It is just a guess, but that would be my guess.

hemigeno

Even then, the official release date for the Daytona wasn't until early April of '69.

Could have been that they had advance knowledge of the Daytona's development, since stranger things have happened.   :scratchchin:

69_500

I was thinking that somewhere I saw a memo about a Daytona that was dated in late February, but I could be wrong. However then again no everyon would have received that memo, nor would everyone know of it. But if you had connections, you might have received word of it.

pettybird

"The ONLY modifaction this car has ever had was a terrible coat of Maaco paint sprayed on in 1972 to cover up the origional Brockton Dodge billboard lettering installed back in 1969."

so, the world of wheels mags and the dealer installed top were factory, too? 

i'm sure it's nice, but hell i met a friend for lunch, was too lazy to drive my 5 speed mustang, and put 20 miles on the 'bird today.  driving a car a mile since the first bush administration makes me sick, not swoon.  it's a repainted car, it needs to be gone over, and you're not destroying the original tires or anything.  yikes.

wish it was still lettered up like that, too  i'd drive that all over...

Aero426

That car has been seen here before.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: wow i just don't get that...  :slap: drive that thing for crying out loud...  :rotz:  :RantExplode:

Magnumcharger

I'd like to see a bigger picture of that car at the dealership. :yesnod:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed