News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Dash Medallion Which one????

Started by lilwendal, August 26, 2007, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

I've seen 3 possible choices for dash medallions for 68s.  The Dodge symbol, The bulls eye, and the RT.   I've only seen the RT on Coronet RTs but have seen both the bulls eye and the Dodge symbol on chargers.  Was one for RT Chargers and the other  for standard chargers?  Or was it just whatever they had as it came down the line?  Whats correct for a 68 Charger RT?

Dennis K

This topic comes up every once in a while, and when it does, the only conclusion that can be reached is that there is no way of knowing which medallion your car would have had if it is missing. Whatever was on hand when the car came down the assembly line. My 68 R/T was built in Hamtramck on Dec. 15, 1967 and has the bullseye. Seems that the bullseye is more common on the earlier cars.

HITMAN 149

yea i have the bullseye on mine as well!!!!!!!!
damn..they are expensive on ebay!!! i may sell mine & just put a pinisher pin in it's place!!!!!!!! LOL
:scratchchin:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bull

Other than the obvious option that the R/T medallion would not have come with any of the non-R/T cars there doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to it. Although I have not seen a Charger with the R/T emblem that came stock that way. My 68 was built in Hamtramck on Jan. 8, 1968 and it has the bullseye.

lilwendal

Anyone out there have a good pick of what the bullseye paint would look like originally?  The ones I see the red is a pinkish red with the aluminum decal showing through.  Were these originally deep red like the door emblems are ?  I've got one coming back from rechrome and I'd like to touch up the bullseye decal but am unsure what red it should be.
Any help????

ds440

I've been looking for a bullseye medallion for some time.  I sifted through everything at the swap meet at the Nats and found one...attached to $400 cluster. 

Is there a consensus on the going value of these medallions?

I keep hearing that they are a high price item...but how high?
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Needa68

Ok,

The bulls eye is from our "in restoration" 68 Charger. The R/T dash is from a spotless 68 HEMI car at a recent show.

Check out our restoration Pages here:

68 Coronet

http://www.geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/index.html

68 Charger BLOG

http://geocities.com/robertmitchell32000/CHARGER/TheMitchells68Charger.html
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

gasoline_24

I picked one up on ebay on a bad gauge face for $26.00, but the paint and the silver or crome on it are in bad shape.  I have determined that the back is plastic with some type of aluminum or other light weight metal disc glued to the front.  I know I can send in the back portion to be rechromed, but I was wondering if anyone has had the metal disc rechromed or refurbished.  I can paint the red and black, but there is some discoloration of the silver portion around the outer edge.  Anyone have ideas on this?

john108

My '68 R/T is original and the emblem is the same as Needa68 posted in the top picture.
Built Dec '67
John

JimShine

I had a February 1968 car with the bullseye.

I can't seem to make much sense of it, but it seems that you usually see the Fratzog style rather consistantly on big block cars, though there are still exceptions.

68charger383

I have a 5/28/68 build date for my 68 charger which had the Fratzog (Dodge symbol) Emblem. I picked up a bullseye which looks like the one below red stripes around black middle. The one above looks faded or a bad picture.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

dkn1997

mine is a June 1, 68 hamtramk car, I have the Fratzog too. fits in with what's been said so far.  I am going to try to get an R/T one because I like the way it looks. I am going to try to make one if I can find a good enough, clear enough picture.
RECHRGED

MM1R/T

I am pretty sure that it's an early/late production thing. I don't know the date that Ma changed from the bullseye to the Fratzog, but I believe that it was around March/April of '68.

6bblgt

My 326 SPD Hamtramck built 383 4bbl car had the "fratzog".

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Dennis K on August 26, 2007, 08:29:58 PM
This topic comes up every once in a while, and when it does, the only conclusion that can be reached is that there is no way of knowing which medallion your car would have had if it is missing. Whatever was on hand when the car came down the assembly line. My 68 R/T was built in Hamtramck on Dec. 15, 1967 and has the bullseye. Seems that the bullseye is more common on the earlier cars.

My car was built December 21, 1967 and I have the bullseye.

Brock Lee

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on November 24, 2009, 12:40:25 PM

What was the factory engine in yours?

Dans 68

Mine was built on Dec 26th, has the bullseye, and 383 4-bbl engine.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Brock Lee on November 24, 2009, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on November 24, 2009, 12:40:25 PM

What was the factory engine in yours?

383-4bbl auto console air, ps, pb

DC_1

Old thread but I thought I would add mine for future reference.

My build date is April 4 68 and mine came with the Fratzog medallion.

Sixt8Chrgr

My 68 "H" code car built Dec 27,1967, Hamtramck car had the bullseye.