News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to use for Daytona wing stop

Started by pandamarie, August 27, 2007, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

On the wing I have from Ted it has 2 holes, one on either side of the bolt hole that holds it to the uprights, looks like the front hole goes through for a cable, so I am assuming the rear hole would be for the over travel stop pin?? if so what would I use for the pin? I was thinking of drilling it a little deeper and tapping it for a 1/4 20 all thread. what was used originally?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: pandamarie on August 27, 2007, 04:21:31 PM
On the wing I have from Ted it has 2 holes, one on either side of the bolt hole that holds it to the uprights, looks like the front hole goes through for a cable, so I am assuming the rear hole would be for the over travel stop pin?? if so what would I use for the pin? I was thinking of drilling it a little deeper and tapping it for a 1/4 20 all thread. what was used originally?

I drilled mine a little deeper into the aluminum core, tapped it for a 1/4-20 bolt-one that the threads don't go all the way up to the head, cut the head off and then using a thin cut-off wheel in my dremel I cut a screw-driver style slot in the end of the shaft so I can tighten it down. worked like a charm  :2thumbs: