News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Troy. A twin to Dana is in San Antonio

Started by Moparmatty, August 27, 2007, 09:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

PocketThunder

Pretty much.  That looks like T5 to me... anyone else?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 28, 2007, 08:16:43 AM

I agree, I believe it's T5.. I think I spoke with them some time ago and they confirmed it was T5..... Man, she looks great with the white stripe....... Looking forward to the day when I reinstall the stripe on Dana in white.....

Thanks for the thread there Matty...... I'm emailing them to compliment them and in hopes of contacting the owner...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 28, 2007, 08:21:57 AM

I agree, I believe it's T5.. I think I spoke with them some time ago and they confirmed it was T5..... Man, she looks great with the white stripe....... Looking forward to the day when I reinstall the stripe on Dana in white.....

Thanks for the thread there Matty...... I'm emailing them to compliment them and in hopes of contacting the owner...

Troy

Was your car originally white stripe?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 28, 2007, 09:42:15 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 28, 2007, 08:21:57 AM

Troy

Was your car originally white stripe?

Come to find out, yeap........ I was contacted out of the blue one day about two years ago by, I think the 3rd owner, who was the son of the owner of the Dodge dealership the car sold new at.. He sent me sad pictures of Dana during her "beat up" years...... And she had a white stripe on original paint !!!!
Here:
1. Dana with the "Dodge" lettering on the rear quarter just as they said.. Was put on by the dealership.....
2. A sad sad sight.....  The rear glass was replaced by a then new, now called NOS, glass for $400.. That was a lot of money back in the early 70's.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Well thats cool.  My car was originally black stripe.  Doug (pettybird) suggested going white anyways because it looks much better.  I dont think a stripe color change will be that bad.

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 28, 2007, 10:31:02 AM
I dont think a stripe color change will be that bad.

That's very true, especially when the only people who could argue what the stripe color "should" be are people who have first-hand knowledge of that particular car (or pictures of it) when it wore its original stripe.  Anything else is just a guess...  Even David Patik's green C500 with the red stripe doesn't have any documentation to back up its odd combo, although I 100% believe it to be original. 

Put whatever flavor you like on there!

Moparmatty

No problem Troy.  It looks to me that that is a very capable shop that turns out some pretty nice work.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

69_500

That car looks much nicer now than it did the first time they had it on the website.