News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stinger Fiberglass

Started by thallium, August 27, 2007, 10:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thallium

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that my daytona project is coming along, but slow. Real life gets in the way!!! Anyway,  I got some of my daytona parts for a certain company up north, most of them were nice, but a couple pieces like the headlight doors and center grill looked like a rush job.  The headlight doors were cut crooked and it just look like crap(and I mean they were cut real crooked!) and the center grill didn't even fit close!!  I ended up giving Artie over at Stinger Fiberglass  a call and he made me some headlight doors and a grill. The ones from stinger are really nice and it made the front end nose look a whole lot better. Anyway, if you guys need parts that look good and of good quality, it is a pretty safe bet with stinger fiberglass.  I just wanted to say I got some of my parts from another vendor and I should of just got the parts from stinger. My first purchase from another company took like 3 months, from stinger I got my parts in less than 10 days.  Anyway, I know finding vendors making daytona parts are hard to find, but I am way happy how the headlight doors look now. later, Tabor

http://www.stingerfiberglass.com/

daytonalo

Are we on the same page ???? I have completed two stinger noses , and the headlight doors are so warped and don't follow contours of nose . I spent many hours of fiberglass work to get them right ! I have have successfully completed two noses with vacuum operating headlights . The stuff is cheap , I will give you that , but you get what you pay for !!!!!!! Also we threw that fiberglass grille frame in the trash , made a steel one . Also the nose is not even close to meeting up with fenders .

daytonalo

Let me add this, Artie is a great guy and very prompt in delivery . I have extensive exp in fiberglass from building boats at a friends fiberglass shop , I spoke to Artie about fit and finish with his parts ,I made some suggestions , and he said he would look into it . My logic is , do it once , do it right , or don't your waste your time !!!!!!!!!!

moparstuart

good information to know  thanks
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

hi thallium , good to see your post . so showcars headlight doors suck . how was the nose fit? i heard his nose match's the fenders well. i was told by someone that knows there products well , that they have great moulds but do rush jobs.
  yea real life does get in the way. my daytona has slowed down to a crawl. plus I'm out of money. time to get back to work and make some scratch .

hey Larry maybe your talk with Artie opened his eyes to a problem and he's corrected it. who knows. Rene

hey thallium  , PICS,PICS,PICS,PICS

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Hey Tabor, good to hear that you're making progress on your car. My Daytona project has been on again, off again. and it looks like it may be on again.
You think women are fickle.  ;D
Like Rene said...we need pics.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

thallium

Hows it going Rene and Larry. Long time since I posted anything. Rene, man! you have a memory!!  Yes, it's a showcars nose cone. I think the nose cone fits fine, but probably not up to some "other peoples" standards around here.  The headlight doors is what really bothered me, they were cut really crooked and when I mounted them, they really look bad. Same for the grill.   With the stinger headlight doors, they really look nice now. . Like I said, my daytona is probably not going to up to some peoples standards around here, but I'm going to do it my way and have fun with the car. Also, if I don't do it my way, it will never get done.  :shruggy:

Sorry, I will have to take some pics of the car. It is pretty much ready for paint and I'm going to take it down and get it painted very soon here. Everything is fitted and mocked up to the car.    I'm planning on painting it  08 viper gts blue with white hood stripes and a white tail. It's like a deep electric blue. That is the plan anyways, I have change my mind on the color so many times!!

This is the color I'm planning on painting it.  http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/viper/     

click on the 4th color over "gts blue", that is what I'm hoping the color will look like when painted.

No more 318 crap, it's get a 440 with the 3.23 gears. Nice seeing everyone is still here!

hotrod98

Should look great. The bright white will make that blue color "pop".  Good choice.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

wow that green on that viper looks good  almost like sassy grass

Slade_Stone50

I ordered a tail from Shocars in Canada.  I was promised it would ship in 2-3 weeks.  After 11 weeks it finally shipped.  When it arrived, it was in a cardboard box with NO packaging.  None.  Not even a piece a newspaper.  Well, you guessed it, it was damaged.  Shocars would not refund my money OR send a new wing.  The are scumbags in my opinion.  I HIGHLY suggest to everyone to AVOID them at all costs.

I am a pretty laid back guy, and those people got me really worked up.

SS :icon_smile_blackeye:

moparstuart

i really hate to hear about people getting burned like that
    always use a credit card when you can they are awesome when it comes to damage 

daytonalo

Please post their # so we can F..... with them !!!!!

Old Moparz

Quote from: Slade_Stone50 on September 05, 2007, 11:55:46 AM
I ordered a tail from Shocars in Canada.  I was promised it would ship in 2-3 weeks.  After 11 weeks it finally shipped.  When it arrived, it was in a cardboard box with NO packaging.  None.  Not even a piece a newspaper.  Well, you guessed it, it was damaged.  Shocars would not refund my money OR send a new wing.  The are scumbags in my opinion.  I HIGHLY suggest to everyone to AVOID them at all costs.

I am a pretty laid back guy, and those people got me really worked up.

SS :icon_smile_blackeye:

I had inquired about a nose cone on one of their auctions many years ago. This was long before Stinger & Dayclona ever existed, & back when Jesse was still in good standings with everyone on the old Charger forum. (2000 I think?) I asked the seller (Showcars) a few questions & never got an answer until days after the auction was over. In the meantime I had exchanged PM's with someone who bought a wing from them & said it was junk. He had more hours into it to make it presentable & said he wished he had never bought it.

I finally did speak with the owner at Showcars who seemed like a decent guy. The plan was to go look at the nose in person, & maybe buy it while there, but I had heard enough negatives to avoid it completely. He said he was shorthanded & couldn't get decent help to stay employed. I even saw a help wanted ad on his website & thought that was a bad way to represent your company. Sounds to me like he bit off more than he can handle & people get screwed with long waits & poor quality.

By the way, Showcars used to have a different username on ebay than they currently use. The old one had the worst feedback rating I ever saw on ebay, somewhere around 70 to 75% or less. (I thought you got banned at that low of a %?) They suddenly have a much better feedback rating with a new name. (Must be a coincidence)   ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Slade_Stone50

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2007, 12:02:46 PM
i really hate to hear about people getting burned like that
    always use a credit card when you can they are awesome when it comes to damage 

They do no take Credit Cards, just Paypal or a Check or Money Order.  I used Paypal thinking that I would have some protection.  Boy was I wrong.  They said "As Long as the item arrived, it was out of their hands"   I advise everyone to read the fine print when using Paypal.  They offer exactly ZERO protection. 

SS