News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SO IT BEGINS....my 69 Charger!!!!--August 29/2007 **Updated March 18th, 2019**

Started by 69bronzeT5, August 30, 2007, 03:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

We bought the car almost 9 years ago back in December 1998. We put it together over the years but it never made it to the body shop. Now with my dad gone, I have to do everything myself. My grandpa who is an amazing mechanic will help will the engine stuff. Today we finally had good weather so I pushed it out into the driveway and began tearing it apart.

I started at 7pm and its now 1:46am and Im calling it a night. Today, I took out the grille, front valance, park lights, headlight support, front bumper, rear bumper, tailights, rear bumperettes, backup lights, some of the chrome trim, rear seat, headliner, package tray (or what was one), all the arm rests and inside door handles and window winders, all door panels and a chunk of carpet. I bagged and labelled all the nuts and bolts too. No pics though...I dont have a camera anymore but I will borrow one ;)

I discovered the right front tire has a steady leak and it gets flat within a day so tomorrow, Im gonna jack her up and put a different tire on and hopefully, it wont go flat.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

WOW....Such progress!!.  GOOD THING YOU ARE BAGGING AND TAGGING, BUT  make sure you also take pictures for us (and for your reassembly). Its always important to make diagrams and mark parts - even when you think its easy.  Sometimes these projects make start out only taking  a month, or a couple of weeks....then it snowballs into years!!!  its amazing how much we forget. Good luck to you!!

Sounds like your Mom is supportting the project now  :angel: :angel: :angel:  Sorry, that your Dad is flaking out on that special  Father/Son project.

PocketThunder

Good idea to bag and tag every nut and bolt, i did that and it make reassembly so much nicer.  And go buy a $10 disposable camera if you have to and take lots of pics. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Motivation is a good thing.   :cheers:

If you don't have a camera, you might want to consider a cheap disposable one to at least document what you're doing. You might not have a lot of high quality pics, but it'll be better than nothing at all.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

or even just draw some pictures, I'm really glad to see your finally tearing into her,.. lettuce know if we can help...  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Thanks guys! I will deffintley ask if I have any questions. Im actually gonna go buy a disposible today :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Spent another 2-3 hours outside today...the seats, door panels and ALL of the interior except for the dash and steering wheel are gone. All put away for later times. My mom is picking up a disposible camera on her way home from work. :cheers:

BigBlockSam

sounds like your kicking ass . good luck with the bodyshop. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

Thanks man!! Im sorta stuck at something right now though....how do you get this chrome off?

hemi-hampton

Aold can opener/bottle opener works good on removing that Chrome. Also known by the Old Timers as a Church Key. I like to wrap a peice of tape around the end of opener though. Good luck. LEON. :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

So I thought Id share some pictures of the Charger over the years

Back in late 98/early 99 right after we got it:

Around 2000-2001:

Around 2002-2003:

August 6/2007:

The 383 before and after:

71ChallengeHer

TUFCAT

Hmmm,....I get it - - identity blocked out to protect the innocent???  :o :o :o  I think, now more than ever, the guys in the Northeast need adopt you.  :icon_smile_wink:  I'm sure you could use some help as you sweat out the details. 

Brock Samson

yeah if i git up there to Nanimo I'd be glad to help... was think in about that this am as a matter of fact..

Khyron

Take my advice man, Buy a digital camera and take a picture of EVERYTHING! It proved invaluable to me and to be honest, I would still be putting mine together without it.

and could you have thought of a more original topic name?  :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 30, 2007, 06:09:46 PM
Thanks man!! Im sorta stuck at something right now though....how do you get this chrome off?

That beltline chrome on top of the quarter panel is held in from the backside by small screws I hope you didn't go prying on it yet.  I have had the best luck with the driprail chrome working a very thin flatblade screwdriver, or using the edge of a putty knife from the underside and prying upward very gently as you try to push it along the length of the roof rail. otherwise it wants to "curl" or kink. At least that's been my experience.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

70charger_boy

I'm surprised noone has asked...........Can I use those pics for my site?

mikesbbody

good luck cody! and like the guy's mentioned bag, label, and take as many photos as you can :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 30, 2007, 10:35:00 PM
I'm surprised noone has asked...........Can I use those pics for my site?

:hah:   :scratchchin:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now remember Cody, disassembly is the fun and easy and cheap part.  Its a long journey from now to the driving stage.  Keep your stick on the ice.  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Khyron on August 30, 2007, 08:12:30 PM
Buy a digital camera and take a picture of EVERYTHING!.

and could you have thought of a more original topic name?  :nana:

I had one but it got stolen.....and maybe the name should be "SO IT RE-BEGINS...MY CHARGER":lol:

THE COLONEL

Good luck.  It seemes like you have a great start with what you have already done!!! :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

69Charger_440

who is that masked boy in the photos? :scratchchin:  I demand you reveal his identity!! J/K!!!   :nana:

Ghoste

Good to see you're reaching the next phase with it Bronzy.   :2thumbs: 

Charger_Fan

SWEET! :thumbs: With any luck, it will be ready when you get your license. You'll have the coolest car in the high school parking lot! :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 31, 2007, 01:43:18 PM
With any luck, it will be ready when you get your license.

Thats my goal. Hopefully, when Im about 17...Alberta here I come!!! If its done by the time Im 17...Im taking it to Alberta to check out some Mopar junkyards, get some pics for my site and visit someone who I really wanna see :cheers: