News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

real purdy superbird clone for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, September 02, 2007, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

70charger_boy

Really nice. but isn't 90 grand steep for a bench seat car?  I guess we'll have to wait for the Cupcakes response

want some  :popcrn: rene?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

I'll agree for 90K you could pick up a real 440 4bbl Superbird. Of course it wouldn't be a 4 speed, or a 6 pac car, but it would be a real Bird. Would have to decide which you want more, a rear wing car, or a clone with a 6 pac and a 4 speed.

BigBlockSam

pettybird

boy, i remember back when 90 grand got you headrests...

Old Moparz

Quote from: pettybird on September 02, 2007, 10:22:52 PM
boy, i remember back when 90 grand got you headrests...

:D

I'll agree it's a nice car, but for $90K the car should be even better. Just a few things I spotted that "annoyed" me, were the wrinkled headliner, the air bubbles under the black-out on the head light door, & the crusty old gauges. Ask a price like that for a car & it better be perfect.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

Quotecrusty old gauges 

:yesnod: yea i saw that too

69bronzeT5

I think thats a pretty well done clone. My computer is only showing one body picture but from that one pic, its look pretty damn good. Wouldnt pay 90k for it though, thats too much for that.  :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dkn1997

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 02, 2007, 10:53:15 PM

I'll agree it's a nice car, but for $90K the car should be even better. Just a few things I spotted that "annoyed" me, were the wrinkled headliner, the air bubbles under the black-out on the head light door, & the crusty old gauges. Ask a price like that for a car & it better be perfect.

:iagree:

I normally try not to bash cars I see on ebag, etc..and it's a very nice looking car, but in this case, the price tag compels me to give a bit of criticism.

-Try to make some effort at correctness, even if it's a clone.  why bother using original looking factory manifolds, air cleaner, etc if you are not going all the way (agian, for this kind of money)
wrong exhaust,wrong coil, aftermarket intake,wrong clamps (paper label from parts store on lower rad hose) ,modern battery,probably an endless sea of incorrect finishes and plating judging by the rest. 

-I find it hard to believe that car has not hit the road yet after a nut and bolt resto.  look at the tranny crossmember and Kmember, bottom of radiator.   looks like a lotta road rash to me.

-I don't know roadrunners or superbirds well at all, but that whole tail panel looks entirely blacked out to me, is that right?  maybe it's the pics. 

A nice car, but not in "clean" enough condition for that price.  Especially the gauges.  If you are asking 90grand for a car, spend the extra 1200 and get the cluster redone.  If this car were priced in reality, I would not have one problem with it.  and I actually like the bench/column on a wing car.  sort of says granny on the inside and charles manson on the outside.
RECHRGED

hemigeno

:hah:
Quote from: dkn1997 on September 03, 2007, 08:34:37 AM
sort of says granny on the inside and charles manson on the outside.

TomP

Gauges and headliner both look like crap!  (I'm channelling Larry)  All the stuff mentioned before isn't that noticeable, unless you're a numbers guy, but for that kinda dough things like fit and finish count for a lot.

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

daytonalo

Looks like a 3rd grader hung nose !!! Nice fender to nose seals and garbage GM master cyl and china booster !!!!!!! I need to go into production of Hemi Daytona's for around 100 k!!

moparstuart

you would sell alot larry.    That cars is nice  but not 90k nice i was thinking the 35 k it was at in this market today was doing good
maybe not what he spent but the market is soft  on birds right now , let alone clones.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on September 03, 2007, 09:05:01 PM
Looks like a 3rd grader hung nose !!! Nice fender to nose seals and garbage GM master cyl and china booster !!!!!!! I need to go into production of Hemi Daytona's for around 100 k!!

oh, why stop there?  let's heap it on...  for $90k the guy better have thick skin.  contribute as an exercise to keep sharp! remember: No expense has been spared on this fine recreation!

previously mentioned: 
headliner
exhaust
tail panel
master/booster
gauge condition
coil/bracket
clamps
battery
belts/hoses
unpainted/edelbrock badged intake

my list:

wrong antenna
no screws in gauge cluster
damaged radio faceplate (covered in vinyl)
wrong wing brackets, upper and lower, wrong finish on parts/trunk
383 fuel pump
small block k frame with no skidplate
'71 center caps
trans crossmember bolts wrong
6.5 trimrings
no spare/jack(s)
no blackout paint on headlight doors
hoodpin posts 90 degrees off
'69 valve covers
wiper motor
ballast resistor
electronic ignition
alternator/pulley (and possible water pump pulley or alternator bracket--incorrect spacing)
wireset
throttle return spring bracket
radiator incorrect/shroud missing
battery cables/battery posts backwards
no air cleaner decal
seatback releases not installed!
aftermarket driveshaft
no hood seal on front (underhood)
no secondary hood latch
rusty turn signal lever

ah well....what did i miss?

moparstuart

dam doug dont ever look at my car   

69_500

Thats quite a list there Doug.

Then again I didn't look at it that closely.

BigBlockSam

Quotedam doug dont ever look at my car   

:iagree:

daytonalo

When I go that nuts , the peanut gallery goes nuts !!!!!!

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 69_500 on September 02, 2007, 05:00:35 PM
I'll agree for 90K you could pick up a real 440 4bbl Superbird. Of course it wouldn't be a 4 speed, or a 6 pac car, but it would be a real Bird. Would have to decide which you want more, a rear wing car, or a clone with a 6 pac and a 4 speed.

My boss's Superbird looks better than that - and is an original 440+6 4-speed bird...  it was recently appraised at $103,000.00    really nice driver quality car...    and a real one...      for 90K just get a 440 4bbl bird
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Aero426

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 04, 2007, 08:22:59 PM

My boss's Superbird looks better than that - and is an original 440+6 4-speed bird...  it was recently appraised at $103,000.00    really nice driver quality car...    and a real one...      for 90K just get a 440 4bbl bird

Where?   That clone isn't worth anything close to that, but I haven't seen any driver grade Birds at that price either.

pettybird

and have him up his insurance!  you'll never get a six pack car that nice for that money!

i picked the car apart due to his asking price and his ad.  there's a list at least half as long of wrong stuff on my own cars...  but then i'm not representing the car as immaculately kept and no expenses spared.  redetailing the engine compartment on the B5 car will happen before next spring--i'm tired of looking at all the stuff i painted the wrong colors in '99.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: pettybird on September 04, 2007, 10:43:20 PM
and have him up his insurance!  you'll never get a six pack car that nice for that money!

Insurance was set at $103,000 while he was married by his now ex-wife....          and will stay there until the divorce is final    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Slade_Stone50

It's a REALLY nice Superbird clone....for about $27K!!! :lol:

moparstuart

wow it's up to 50 k  now way more then i thought it might be worth  ( but then again it aint made it's reserve) so his buddy's must be bidding it up for him   

70charger_boy

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2007, 12:00:20 PM
wow it's up to 50 k  now way more then i thought it might be worth  ( but then again it aint made it's reserve) so his buddy's must be bidding it up for him   

DUH!!!

superbirdtom

lotsa people say mine is a clone cause i made an airgrabber hood for it and put on centerlines and basically did it for me. check it out on youtube ,just write BLACK SUPERIRD into the search.  I am going to build a clone it will be black i am going to build a fiberglass functional airgrabber hood for it. my current one is steel . I am going to put a six speed in it along with top of the line recaro leather seats with every gizmo they make. i will go the 440 sixpack route or a fuel injected 440. i would go hemi but i want to drive it across country to meets and have found my real bird right now has factory 4-speed with 8 3/4 323 gears gets 17 mpg on highway. that little two barrel really is great on gas. I think the hemi would just eat too much gas from alaska to back east. the problem i have with the superbird clone on ebay is it is a satellite. and if you have ever tried to swap rallye gauges over to a satellite dash it is a mess. I am starting with a sixpack 4 speed R R i have laying around. yeah if your going to ask the same price as a real bird for a satellite it better be a national show winner.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

pettybird

moparstuart

well the 50 k it made it too was high   he should have taken that price