News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

k56 cam swap project final report

Started by 0X01B8, September 03, 2007, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

for reference, it's a 440 / Carter 750 / 3.23 auto - TCI saturday night special tc / 346 stock heads & iron hp manifolds.

spent the weekend getting the carb dialed in.  it's a Carter 1756, which is pretty close to the Edelbrock 1411, except it had crazy rich primary jetting & cruise mode on the metering rods.  it's currently setup 1 stage leaner (4%), or #4 on their calibration chart.  I have timing set to 17-18* and I've plugged and stopped using the vacuum advance because Ron says so, and besides, it was pinging just a bit at cruise, part throttle.

I think I'm very close if not right on with the carb.  one way I can tell is that my t-shirts don't reek of exhaust anymore and the plugs are looking pretty good.

anyway, it really runs well and is extremely responsive like it never was before.  WOT tests are great too.  I stopped on a road just outside where local law enforcement's territory ends and stomped on it.  The tires instantly lit up (they're not small - 285s) and it kicked out to the right and continued spinning like mad until for another 50 feet or so - I'm not sure I wasn't measuring - but it was pretty violent!

So, anyway, there's a few more details I want to look at, but so far, so good. :2thumbs:

-john

Purple440

oldkimmer

Sounds like u did a wicked job..............kim............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: 0X01B8 on September 03, 2007, 09:47:59 PM
  I have timing set to 17-18* and I've plugged and stopped using the vacuum advance because Ron says so, and besides, it was pinging just a bit at cruise, part throttle.

Who needs vacuum advance ?  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 0X01B8 on September 03, 2007, 09:47:59 PM

it really runs well and is extremely responsive like it never was before. WOT tests are great too. I stopped on a road just outside where local law enforcement's territory ends and stomped on it. The tires instantly lit up (they're not small - 285s) and it kicked out to the right and continued spinning like mad until for another 50 feet or so - I'm not sure I wasn't measuring - but it was pretty violent!

So, anyway, there's a few more details I want to look at, but so far, so good. :2thumbs:

-john

The K56 is an excellent stick and makes lotsa torque.....pulls pretty descent up top too, huh !   ;)

Nice work John !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs