News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

attaching dash panel pad under radio bezel

Started by General Ryan, July 24, 2005, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ryan

My NON AC dash padding that attaches from the ignition switch area to the glove box door is loose/pulling away from the dash itself.
What can I use/do to re-attach it?
Epoxy glue is one idea I though of and clamping it together on the metal frame like a carpenter but any other ideas??

Also, I finally got a new glove box liner, but it seems there is more to opening the glove box door and sliding in the new liner, can someone tell me how??

Just 6T9 CHGR

The pads are originally vacuum molded to a metal frame.  The epoxy idea shoud work well

The glove box liner "folds" into the opening.
It might be easier if you took the latch striker off the bottom of the frame but I've done it without doing that.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

You can glue the foam to the metal. You may also want to use the screw holes in the frame for the AC vents and use some short sheetmetal screws to help re-enforce it. This one I removed from a junkyard car has what may be a factory screw in it. It is the same type of screw you see on the windshield washer reservoir.

General Ryan

Chris, I have the latch and door off so I can "fold" it, but I didn't think that'd be good, is there a certain way it folds or just be careful??
I'm putting it all back together after work tonite.

Jim- that looks very similar to mine with one screw/washer on the left side/closest to ignition.

The guys at work told me to get the fabric guy who comes to our dealership every week to try and fix it/readhere it to the metal.
He is going to try and fix the edges of my upper door pads for me and re adhere the botom of my rear door panel to the door sil area.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I'll let u know how it turns out

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T