News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger rear height difference.

Started by 69chargeryeehaa, September 07, 2007, 11:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger Downunder

[/quote]

375instroke

Glad the torsion adjustment fixed it (easy, no dollar).  You say you have new parts.  Are they not installed yet?  Are they the original 6 leaf left and 7 right springs?  If not installed yet, do they have different arches compared to each other?

69chargeryeehaa

Quote from: 375instroke on May 15, 2008, 12:47:18 PM
Glad the torsion adjustment fixed it (easy, no dollar).  You say you have new parts.  Are they not installed yet?  Are they the original 6 leaf left and 7 right springs?  If not installed yet, do they have different arches compared to each other?

Yes, i have new springs, correct r/t with the extra leaf on one spring, new shackles, busings, ect.... it's all available direct from mopar, i got a "inside guy" at the local dealer, so i get jobber pricing, the springs, shackles, u-bolts, bushings were all less than $300CDN.   :2thumbs:  :D
Since the car is level now, i guess i have no rush to install the new springs, one day i will.  :cheers:

timinator

I have 2 Chargers and they're both like that.  My understanding is it's because the extra leaf spring on the right side to counteract the torque of the 440 or Hemi in the RT cars which causes that side to sit up a little higher.

69chargeryeehaa

Quote from: timinator on May 19, 2008, 04:10:32 PM
I have 2 Chargers and they're both like that.  My understanding is it's because the extra leaf spring on the right side to counteract the torque of the 440 or Hemi in the RT cars which causes that side to sit up a little higher.

your right about the torque, but the car should still sit level, mine does now.   :D :nana: :cheers:

375instroke

There is an extra leaf on the right, but two of them are only half length.  Also, the number of leafs has nothing to do with ride height.  Think more leafs with less arch.  The car should sit level.  Adjust accordingly.

0X01B8

I've been following this thread because I thought I had the same problem.  Well, uhh, kind of embarrassing, but who cares - my bumpers were on slightly crooked!  It's been like that forever and I never noticed until the other day.  :icon_smile_blackeye:  After carefully measuring at the wheel arches everything is within about 1/8" of level.  Well, not quite level - the front is 2" lower than the rear.

poppa

Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on September 07, 2007, 11:07:35 AM
question for you guys, i got a 69 charger r/t, 52000 original miles, in very nice shape, and in the rear, the pass side is about 1" or so lower than the drivers, everything looks ok, the car drives fine, but is there a common cause for the differance in height? anything i can check?  The car also has a rear sway bar, looks factory, and the bushings in the middle look home made, and i need to replace those, but there is no binding.  Is there a source for those bushings?  The leafsprings look ok, and are not flat, they still sit good, just there is a difference in height from side to side.  Everything is there on the leafs, nothing is missing and they look great.   :brickwall: :RantExplode: :eek2: :cheers:

Another overlooked possibility is....maybe the last guy was a chubby chaser??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

69chargeryeehaa

Quote from: poppa on June 03, 2008, 06:21:39 PM
Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on September 07, 2007, 11:07:35 AM
question for you guys, i got a 69 charger r/t, 52000 original miles, in very nice shape, and in the rear, the pass side is about 1" or so lower than the drivers, everything looks ok, the car drives fine, but is there a common cause for the differance in height? anything i can check?  The car also has a rear sway bar, looks factory, and the bushings in the middle look home made, and i need to replace those, but there is no binding.  Is there a source for those bushings?  The leafsprings look ok, and are not flat, they still sit good, just there is a difference in height from side to side.  Everything is there on the leafs, nothing is missing and they look great.   :brickwall: :RantExplode: :eek2: :cheers:

Another overlooked possibility is....maybe the last guy was a chubby chaser??

actually no, die hard mopar... :scratchchin: