News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody else done a body color grille

Started by v21hemicharger, September 09, 2007, 11:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v21hemicharger

I had restored my grille w/ the original silver, but when I put it on it screamed BODY COLOR.

Mike DC

With a body color like that, I'm not surprised.

I've been thinking of chroming a plastic grille with some of that new highfalutin' chrome paint that you can buy mail-order.   

bull

I don't hear it screaming "body color" ;D but I did have a '70 Charger once and I painted the silver trim over in a red that closely matched the red body. I thought it looked pretty good.

Brock Samson

i did,.. 1984...

Fitz73Chrgr

Brock, I love those slotted mags you had on your car.  The grille looks pretty good, too.  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

1969chargerrtse

Thats because you used "Silver".  Your car is a perfect example of going with the color most believe is closer to original which is a dull grey color, which would look great on your silver car.  Check out my thread, were working on that issue now.     http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,38640.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

squeakfinder

Brock

Those look like Appliance mags on your car. I'd love to know what the dimensions were on those front wheels. They seem to fill the front fenders quite nicely. Do you remember if they rubbed?

Larry

(sorry about the hijack)
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

troy.70R/T

hey Brock I also love those slotted mags you had on your car I am looking to put a set with that same look (backspacing) all around my 70 charger. do you remember what the back spacing was on those rims? Were they 15 inch rims?

troy.70R/T

I have a 70 Bronze charger with an aligator Grain top and someone painted the whole grill black even the big wide trim part and it looks looked pretty mean. I say looked cause I took it apart a long time ago cause I bought the car for a Daytona clone. Otherwise I would take a pic for you.

A383Wing