News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reassembling grill and front bumper on 69- what order?

Started by shawnmd, September 11, 2007, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

Its been over 1.5 years since I took my 69 apart and I can't honestly remember what came off first, the front bumper or the grille (as an assembly).  I already have the valance on as it was painted with the car and cannot be removed, so which is easier to put on first, the bumper or grille?

keepat

The grille first then the bumper!
Pat

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bumper is going to be tricky with the lower valance already installed  (getting to the bumper bolts is the hard part).....be careful not to scratch the paint
Hopefully the bumper brackets are already installed
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Try installing the brackets on the bumper first, then sliding it as one assembly thru the opening between the grille and valance. And PLEASE be careful not to scratch anything!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce