News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cost of a wing car

Started by chargerman68, September 11, 2007, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

wondering what the cost of a wing car would be....wing nose rear window everything u need to convert a 68-70 charger into one........thanks
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Troy

You want to make a "bird" as in Superbird or you want to make a Daytona clone? It would cost a considerable amount to make a Superbird out of a 68-70 Charger.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mopurr

Just a thought are you cloning to a daytona or wanting to clone a bird?

You need a satelitte or roadrunner for a bird clone.....

Charger to a daytona.

It also would depend on if you are going fiberglass or metal with the nose & Wing but you are talking several $$$$ either way.

chargerman68

pandamarie

Your looking at 6000-7500 for all the parts out of quality fiberglass, plus whatever a set a 70 charger fenders and hood will cost, plus about a grand for small parts that no one sells in a kit.

chargerman68

oh thanks for about 11k before paint/body mech's......

68chrgrwife

maybe I'll get you one for your b-day......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

chargerman68

NYCMille

You looking at about 15k in parts alone.

chargerman68

i hoped u would reply with the one u r making.......how is it comming

chargerman68

chargerman68

saw this website wasting time at work maybe good for someone

http://www.wingcarfab.com/

almost fell out of my chair for the prices on the nose......

A383Wing

I got around $25k into this one...new engine, etc.....but no rear window plug. Started with a '70 Charger 500, and yes there are a bunch of items that are needed that are not in any kit....such as the "U" channel that mounts the "Z" bars to frame, misc nose cone seals, nose to lower valance bracket.....

Bryan

NYCMille

The car I'm building is coming along nicely. It will have all the correct stuff, nose cone, z-bars, rear window plug, wing... everything willl be period correct with a bunch of other stuff on there that will NOT be period correct - but will work REALLY REALLY well....

:yesnod:

chargerman68

Quote from: NYCMille on September 12, 2007, 08:43:18 AM
The car I'm building is coming along nicely. It will have all the correct stuff, nose cone, z-bars, rear window plug, wing... everything willl be period correct with a bunch of other stuff on there that will NOT be period correct - but will work REALLY REALLY well....

:yesnod:

hope to see so pics on it

moparstuart

nice car 383wing  way to stay on a budget too 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

yea, Bryan got a nice daytona  :2thumbs:

i went with stinger fiberglass parts , all my parts cost me about $3000 but then i had to spend more to make all the moving parts for the lights and then make them work. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

rene are you happy with the fit ????  i havent even started thinking about a nose yet . But i need to .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Rene, Did you have your Dayclona up for sale? did it sell?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

Quoterene are you happy with the fit   

the headlight doors where a bitch to make them fit properly .plus it will need work to get the correct fit to the fenders . i haven't mounted the nose yet . just test fitted it but my lights work great. i used vacuum just like the original. Datonalo put my nose together for me.

QuoteRene, Did you have your Dayclona up for sale? did it sell?

no, that wasn't me . ounce i finish my daytona, i plan to keep it forever. it's been the tougthest build I've ever taken on. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

41husk

Sorry, I thought someone on here was selling there clone project, I would love to own a dayclona or a bird clone.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

yes there is someone here selling a finished daytona clone. i forget his name. maybe someone else remembers