News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

started grill work

Started by bear, September 13, 2007, 07:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear

the other day i tore down the entire grill and frame as i was tearing it apart i realized that there was some work done to it see pics. i noticed today while i was cleaning everything off that both lower corners of the grill are broken off and when the work was done on it the shop must have lost most of the bolts for it and used what they could find for it. so my questions are where do i find a bolt kit for the grill, can i get clips for the trim, and do you think i should do with the sides get new ones or try and fix them

there are more pics of it here: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/bearscharger/69charger/

drivers side

passengers side

69bronzeT5

Im gonna pay close attention to this. The lower right side of my grille is broken off
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Joshua

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 14, 2007, 11:55:13 AM
Im gonna pay close attention to this.

Yes...me TOO!!!!...My grill has a few small cracks in the corners, pass side.....probably from bouncing due to the last right hand mounting screw area of grill is broken.... :shruggy:

Back N Black

Here is what i did for the broken end pieces, i used my daughter's playdough and made a mould from a friend's grill and poured liquid fiberglass resin in the mould,let it dry sand it down and paint.It looks not too bad.

The70RT

Good deal. I did a Cutlass grill and the bottom looks all most the same contour. I got lucky and had some donor grills and cut out what I needed and used fiberglass / resin too. It is a pretty strong bond.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us