News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen Charger on "Burn Notice" TV show on USA network...

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, July 12, 2007, 10:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

Looks like there is going to be a black 3rd Gen Charger with a bulge hood as a regular part of this show.  During this evening's show it started as a grimey car sitting in a garage to a sharp driver...  Anyone else see the show?

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

xs29j8Bullitt

Went to the show's webpage... but no mention of the Charger.  Also, there seemed to be other Mopar connections during the show.

Burn Notice webpage:  http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Dans 68

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on July 12, 2007, 10:06:28 PM
Looks like there is going to be a black 3rd Gen Charger with a bulge hood as a regular part of this show.  During this evening's show it started as a grimey car sitting in a garage to a sharp driver...  Anyone else see the show?

XS

Yep, noticed that too. Somehow I just knew that the car his Dad had in the garage waiting for him all these years was a Charger... :yesnod:
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TruckDriver

Never heard of the show (not that I watch USA at all anyway). I bet at some point they destroy the car though. Remember, it is in a tv show, and it is hollywood :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

defiance

Yeah, I was just skimming channels - had already decided to ignore that show - and as I passed it I saw the show had Bruce Campbell in it, so I decided to give it a watch.  Saw the charger and set it to record all episodes from now on :D
It actually was a pretty good show anyway, even without the charger. 

defiance

As for blowing it up, I dunno; there's a big backstory about his dad and him working on the car, then giving him a to-do list for finishing it up, then apparently he and his dad didn't get along (beatings were implied), and now that his dad's dead he doesn't want to relive the past, but fixing the car was his way of 'making peace' with his dad... or something like that.  That, plus adding that it's a series (not a movie), they may not destroy it...

defiance

Quick note - it was (and I quote) "busted" this episode, so thus far all it's seen is about 10 seconds screen time (one shot of it dusty and broken in the garage, on shot of it shiny and pulling away at the graveyard, no time this ep) - but the previews for next week show it pulling up to a hotel all shined up.  One word of warning - it's got a chebby-looking hood scoop on it.  but other than that, it might look pretty good (the preview scene was VERY brief)

Charger1973

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Charger1973

Nice!  Thanks for the pics.  They have good taste in cars.   :yesnod:

defiance

Hm...... Now that I'm looking at stills, maybe it's not a crappy scoop, maybe it's just a painted ramcharger scoop?????  that would be cool :D

defiance

Nope, crappy scoop :(  The car's pretty nice, though, nothing special, but a nice VERY CLEAN 3rd gen.  The scoop sucks, and isn't even a scoop (one scene showed the underside of the hood very clearly).  That's actually the same scene where the (normally pretty cool) chick says "I nearlly took my finger off putting that air filter on' or something like that ...  :brickwall:  Come on, why don't they at least run these lines by a car guy before putting them on the air :P  How the heck do you take a finger off putting on an air filter??

Ah well, nice white interior, too, correct seats and panels.  I think it's a '73, but not 100% certain.

Engine looked like a small block (couldn't see a distributor up front), so maybe a 318?

I love the way he tries to start it and the starter solenoid clicks, and he acts like something major must be wrong (dude, get a freakin' battery charger! :P )

bordin34

I liked the part when he couldn't afford spark plugs.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

defiance

70charger_boy

I thought that this show would be cheesy, so I tried to ignore it.  I saw it tonight, because there was nothing else on.  It is a really good show.  That charger is sweet, too.  Although, it's not on the show all the time, because it always breaks down.

3 out of 4 stars

defiance

It didn't break down last night!  The evil cronies took it on suspicion of ... erm... well, they never did specify :)

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

devilgear

Hey hey. My wife pointed out tonight that there is a new show on the USA network called "Burn Notice" and it has Bruce Campbell from the "Evil Dead" movies in it. Anyway he drives a black 1973 Dodge Charger Halo top with a 6 pak hood scoop. How F'N cool is that?
LATER!!!

bull

Bruce Campbell is cool. I'm glad we'll get to see more of him.

Mean 318

i saw a preview where one gets blown up

41husk

I wonder if he would sell the pot metal vynil top trim off that car :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

defiance

Sucks that they (partially) blew it up last night  :rotz:

But hey, he's going to fix it!  Woot :)

Brock Samson

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 02, 2007, 09:57:21 PM
I thought that this show would be cheesy, so I tried to ignore it.  I saw it tonight, because there was nothing else on.  It is a really good show.  That charger is sweet, too.  Although, it's not on the show all the time, because it always breaks down.

3 out of 4 stars

Jeeze Orlando, judging from your taste in music I thought Cheesy is your middle name...  :D

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 41husk on September 14, 2007, 07:06:28 AM
I wonder if he would sell the pot metal vynil top trim off that car :brickwall:

car soon to be parted on 3rd gen website... does have complete halo top.

red72chrgr

Interesting show to a point. As for the car, it's nice to see it, needs bigger tires on back. saw the episode where the car gets on fire. He throwed a propane tank at it to keep an assasin(sp?) from crashing it into a building. Later he tells his friend it's repairable, maybe we'll see it again.
Nothing personal, just business

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 14, 2007, 09:09:42 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 02, 2007, 09:57:21 PM

3 out of 4 stars

Jeeze Orlando, judging from your taste in music I thought Cheesy is your middle name...  :D

Actually, Dave, danger is my middle name  :nana:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: red72chrgr on September 14, 2007, 12:12:37 PM
saw the episode where the car gets on fire. He throwed a propane tank at it to keep an assasin(sp?) from crashing it into a building. Later he tells his friend it's repairable, maybe we'll see it again.

He lights it on fire to keep a guy from crashing it into a building? Wouldn't the fire do more damage, especially with a propane tank? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic