News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear speaker knob

Started by 0X01B8, September 16, 2007, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

I've got the standard AM radio w/ rear speaker option, '68.  Can anyone post a pic of what the knob is supposed to look like?  thanks!

bull

There's a lousy picture of one here: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33171.0.html

I can shoot a picture of mine later. I think I might have it on my computer already but I'm at work now.

bull

Neal_J

Wow, I have a 69 with the same option and the factory knob in under the dash.  Thanks, I learned something new!

Peace,

Neal

0X01B8

Thanks Bull, now I know what I'm looking for.   :cheers:

bull

Another thing I might mention is that the radio face plates on '68s with rear speaker faders have an extra hole on the right side (for the fader switch obviously) and the R. Speaker plate is held on by that flat nut with the four notches in it. Anyway, I don't know if they sell reproduction radio face plates with that hole but keep that in mind when looking for one, otherwise you might have to drill it. I thought someone was reproducing the R. Speaker plates but I can't find it right now. Mine has that option too and I bought all the stuff I needed from someone on this site a few years ago.

JimShine

Quote from: Neal_J on September 19, 2007, 11:46:09 AM
Wow, I have a 69 with the same option and the factory knob in under the dash.  Thanks, I learned something new!

Peace,

Neal

Yup, they moved them to under the dash in 1969. The little bezel reads "Speaker".