News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'72 Altenator Backside Pics needed

Started by TruckDriver, September 26, 2005, 04:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

With the wires installed. I know where the red one goes, but I am not sure which dark color one is which and where it goes :-\ Both with the stripes look the same, and the black long one I can't remember where that goes either. :-[
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Plumcrazy

The two field wires can be put on either brush.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Plumcrazy on September 26, 2005, 07:44:17 PM

What about the 3rd longer black wire?
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Plumcrazy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 27, 2005, 05:31:02 PM
Quote from: Plumcrazy on September 26, 2005, 07:44:17 PM

What about the 3rd longer black wire?

I'm assuming you have the corporate alternator.

I'm not that familiar with 3rd gens but if the red wire goes to the output terminal and the two small wires are for the field terminals, the only thing I can think of for the black wire would a ground. Whether thats original or not I don't know.

TruckDriver

It's original. It come out of the wiring harness.

Corporate alternator? That's a new one to me :-\
PETE

Plumcrazy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 27, 2005, 08:39:26 PM
It's original. It come out of the wiring harness.

Corporate alternator? That's a new one to me :-\

For a while you could get Chrysler vehicles with a Leece-Neville alternator.
The corporate alternator is the standard Chrysler design.

TruckDriver

Ok, it has the standard factory altenater
PETE

Nacho-RT74

Red wire ?...
buddy, original wiring only has three wires... one heavy gauge black wire with eyebolt terminal to the stud. That's the one runs up to ammeter.

The other ones are green and blue ( maybe discolorated ) both are female spade terminals and you can plug on any of the brushes.

I can't recall any RED WIRE on engine bay, beside the ones from batt to bulkhead and starter/ starter motor.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

Ya, the red wire is the fat one with the plastic casing around it, I think it goes to the battery. Anyway, My question was answered. The longer wire I was asking about is for the winsheild washer pump. Mine is busted and not there... I never thought of that.
PETE