News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hubby says the 500 is a cop magnet

Started by MsMopar, September 23, 2007, 12:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMopar

He took it for a test drive the other day and got pulled over by two squads. The first cop was female and she said it looked like he was going too fast. Maybe she meant it looked too fast! Anyway, she let him off with a warning. She said "I'm sure you would rather spend your money on your car instead of a speeding ticket, so slow down". He's lucky, every time I ever got stopped, I'd get a ticket! MsMopar

Ghoste

He was likely flirting with her.  You know those women cops can't resist a flirt behind the wheel.  :icon_smile_wink:

Highbanked Hauler

You need to get out on the interstate before you turn it loose. Also I have found that  if you have Antique plates on the car they will keep a closer eye on you. I have been stopped twice and followed a few times and it was to check the plates. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

A cop magnet huh?

I haven't been pulled over in mine yet. But then again yours has those funky emblems on the door that scream " SPEEDING "

MsMopar

If she had checked the plates, they would have come back to the Cuda. I haven't changed them over yet.  :shruggy: MsMopar

PocketThunder

Quote from: MsMopar on September 23, 2007, 07:26:57 PM
If she had checked the plates, they would have come back to the Cuda. I haven't changed them over yet.  :shruggy: MsMopar
D'oh!!  :brickwall:   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:

Good to hear you made it out for a drive before the snow flies.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerman68

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2007, 04:13:42 AM
He was likely flirting with her.  You know those women cops can't resist a flirt behind the wheel.  :icon_smile_wink:

yeah specialy a mopar :2thumbs:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

pettybird

that's all well and good, but i was ticketed in the 'bird by a female cop...

moparstuart

and you expected different with that mud doug 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

Quote from: MsMopar on September 23, 2007, 07:26:57 PM

She very well could have run the plates but just doesn't know the difference.  :shruggy:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: pettybird on September 24, 2007, 11:34:54 PM
What did you go and do?? :scratchchin:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

MsMopar

Your right maybe she wouldn't know the difference. Well, at least it would have come back to my name.
:shruggy: MsMopar

pettybird

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 25, 2007, 07:13:03 PM

55 in a 35

hard on the brakes from around 100

at 1AM

on a side street   :lol:

Ghoste

And she wouldn't let you go free huh?  :smilielol:

68RT4ME

Quote from: pettybird on September 25, 2007, 11:11:39 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 25, 2007, 07:13:03 PM

55 in a 35

at 1AM

:o I'm shock you didn't get off with a warning.... :drive:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

learical1

Quote from: pettybird on September 25, 2007, 11:11:39 PM
55 in a 35

at 1AM

How about 75+ in a 40 zone?  It really should have been a drag racing ticket, but the loser in the Mustang (he lost the race, and he drove a Mustang; double loser?) threw a beer bottle at me, and the cop wanted me as a witness against the 'stang driver, so I got off easy.  BTW, it was my 1st yellow SuperBird, an unmarked cop car, and it was more than 30 years ago.
Bruce

Ghoste

Not that it matters too much, but did you end up having to go through with testifying?

learical1

No, when they called me for the pre-trial interview (after I paid my fine) I told the ass't D.A. that at 2 AM on a dark street, I was so far ahead of the mustang I didn't see a thing.   :smilielol:
Bruce