News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 RT/SE tic toc tach wire location

Started by smokinrt, September 27, 2007, 02:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinrt

I just installed my restored gauges and can't figure out where my wire for my tic toc tach attaches.  After attaching the clock wire (clock works fine) I traced the only wire from the neg side of the coil (white not grey w/tracer wire back to my cluster,wasn't attached previously.  There are 5 nuts on posts on the back of the tach.  I attached the wire to one nut at a time,(cranked the engine only) (no RPM movement).  I've also seen that there may also be a wire that needs to go from tach to a fuse (radio fuse).  If you know how to wire this thing properly could you please respond.

Bryan

keepat

I hope this pic helps!
Pat

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pat, out of curiosity, who restored your tach?

Instrument Services?   I blew a gasket when they used that hammered metal spray bomb on my case!  :mad:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

It's new from Charger Specialties, my car didn't have a tack so I added one.

smokinrt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 27, 2007, 07:48:36 PM
Pat, out of curiosity, who restored your tach?

Instrument Services?   I blew a gasket when they used that hammered metal spray bomb on my case!  :mad:
I had Autoinstruments.com restore guage cluster, bunch of unprofessional idiots.  Never use again, never recommend.  black overspray over the new chrome,  took 9 weeks but was promised 3 weeks.  Told me that to correct the overspray I'd have to get back in line for another 9 weeks.  ON and ON and ON!!!   The whole event was a nightmare.  In your case the best thing to do is worn every person on all the chrystler sites you can get on, you're allowed to tell the truth!!!
Kick their butt!  That's what I did and I know I saved a few of our Charger.com  buddies. Have a good one
Bryan

smokinrt

Quote from: keepat on September 27, 2007, 07:35:34 PM
I hope this pic helps!
Pat
Pat,

That pic helps loads.  Would you know which wire goes where.  Obviously one goes to the -coil side, where does the other wire go.  I heard it goes to the radio fuse, would you know?  Thanks loads for that great pic, clears up alot of things for me.
Bryan

smokinrt

Quote from: keepat on September 27, 2007, 07:35:34 PM
I hope this pic helps!
Pat

Pat,

I think I found the answer, on the back of the tach someone was smart enough to write "tach" and "ign12v" on each independent nut, I'll give that a try. Thanks again,
Bryan