News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body shop question

Started by 69bronzeT5, September 29, 2007, 02:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

1HOT68, What do you mean by Sealer Mask,   :shruggy: Explain this in detail as I never heard of it? :shruggy:  This sealer mask might have nothing to do with my technique? :scratchchin:  Might be totally different? LEON.

Charger-Bodie

OK Leon a sealer mask is when you put tape and paper to the first line inside the jamb and then take another piece or pieces of tape all the way too the edge of the jamb leaving a tail to grab it with, after sealing the car you pull the strip of tape out allowing the base and clear to flow over the edge of the sealer to make for a nice , sealer edge free jamb. alot of the time if you hand rub this back it can fool most people ,BUT it is still not the same as NO TAPE LINES!! Brian  :yesnod: Later Brian (1hot68)
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

NO, Sorry, That is not the Technique I use. I dont think my cars would get many first place trophys & be in Detroit Autorama & my Red T/A used in all the Mopar Performance Ads if I had tape lines or sealer mask. LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 05, 2007, 07:17:44 PM
NO, Sorry, That is not the Technique I use. I dont think my cars would get many first place trophys & be in Detroit Autorama & my Red T/A used in all the Mopar Performance Ads if I had tape lines or sealer mask. LEON.

tape lines dont show with the doors shut ! so explain youre method!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hemi-hampton

This is the same Red T/A seen in all the Mopar Performance Catalogs & advertising, ect, ect. No tape lines or sealer lines. I also did the most of the $30,000 paint job on the West Virginia Hemi 68 Super Stock Hemi Cuda Car  in Multi rainbow colors inside & out of doors & jambs, ect & no tape lines. Should I post pics? LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 05, 2007, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 05, 2007, 07:17:44 PM

tape lines dont show with the doors shut !

"so explain youre method!"

hemi-hampton

Feel like my work is in Question. Heres what happened with this car. $30,000 paint job & first painter puts about 10 coats on it & screws it up. Then 2nd painter puts another 10 coats on it & screws it up. In the mean time doors jambs taped up to the very very edge of 1/4, not even in a a 1/2 inch or more, right at the edge, Now with 10 coats or more & taped to the very edge you can imagine the tape line, about a 1/4 deep, enough to break a finger nail off on. So, I come along & bail them out, Everybody says good luck, your screwed. I fix & Paint & do jambs seperate & guess what, NO Tape lines.  Multi custom stripes & layers & done seperate & no tape lines. Take a look if you ever see this car. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Heres another Pic, Not the best, 35 mm in my Portfolio taken with digital with flash in dark, Sorry. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Here it is at Autorama, 1HOT68, I dont specialize in Quicky Earl Sceib Maaco tape line jobs, You must have me confused with someone else? LEON.

Charger-Bodie

first off Leon i never called You earl Schieb and also i never would ive gained respect for you on this site ,BUT you are kida beating around the bush here , did yo do a flip edge solvent blend , What/ lets here it there are only so many ways to deal with an edge!

70charger_boy

Oh, I see what is going on here.  Divert the attention away from Silver's body work to Hemi-Hamptons

hemi-hampton

The Hang with the Good enough crowd I took as a insult impling Earl Schieb, I dont like to do those & prefer the $100,000 100 point showcars myself but most tight wades bring me a Total Rustbucket & say can you mint it out like a showcar for 5 , uh ok $10 grand. You get what you pay for. Pay for Garbage get Garbage. Sometimes  You wait along time for those moneybags Lawyers, Doctors, Businessman, ect to walk up & throw $100 grand at you. In the meantime you gotta do the local plumbers 74 Valiant slant 6 for $3,000. :shruggy: :Twocents: :brickwall: :scratchchin: LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 05, 2007, 08:21:53 PM
The Hang with the Good enough crowd I took as a insult impling Earl Schieb, I dont like to do those & prefer the $100,000 100 point showcars myself but most tight wades bring me a Total Rustbucket & say can you mint it out like a showcar for 5 , uh ok $10 grand. You get what you pay for. Pay for Garbage get Garbage. Sometimes  You wait along time for those moneybags Lawyers, Doctors, Businessman, ect to walk up & throw $100 grand at you. In the meantime you gotta do the local plumbers 74 Valiant slant 6 for $3,000. :shruggy: :Twocents: :brickwall: :scratchchin: LEON.

so whats the paint edge deal?

hemi-hampton

70charger_boy

Charger-Bodie

70charger_boy

Man who go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly finger