News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a 69 Charger 500 clone worth? Updated with pics !

Started by A34, September 30, 2007, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Quote from: The70RT on October 09, 2007, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: A34 on October 09, 2007, 07:59:26 PM
I passed on it, electing to finish my 2 real R/T's first. My friend sold it to a guy in Florida for $15K. Supposedly the guy has a set of real 500 numbers he is going to put on it.

So, if you're in the market in the next year or so, do your homework before making that big $$$$$ purchase. The guy could be just blowing smoke.

Sounds like a good choice. You mean the guy is gonna make a clone then put real numbers on it. :slap:

:eyes: Well, that's what he told my friend. Who knows? It is a good car, but the timing wasn't right for me. Although, if it had been Red or Black, or another color I like, it would probably be in the garage right now. 
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

69_500

Any idea's on what number's he plans to attach to the car? I know of a few that are laying around places that will probably eventually wind up on cars.

A34

Quote from: 69_500 on October 10, 2007, 04:08:56 PM
Any idea's on what number's he plans to attach to the car? I know of a few that are laying around places that will probably eventually wind up on cars.

I think the guy is based in Florida and has a set of numbers off a Hemi car, but I could be wrong. I believe he runs a resto/hot rod type shop. I'll ask my friend and see what he knows.
Deo Vindice

moparstuart

I know kyle drake had a hemi 500 that burnt in the early 90's and ron slobe bought it for the title and numbers. Who knows where they went  when ron died or before ?????????   And where are they now  ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Was the HEMI that Kyle Drake had, a 4 speed B5 blue car? Just curious?

moparstuart

i dont remember but if you want i can give you kyles email address 

he never had it moving was motor less when he bought it

A34

Spoke to my friend and the guy that's buying the car told him he has the numbers from a 440 4spd car that was crushed back in the 80's or 90's up north. Whoever had it at the time, pulled all the 500 specific stuff, and numbers including core support, fender tag, vin, broadcast sheet, etc. He said it was a plain jane vanilla color, but couldn't remember what exactly.

So, that be the deal. I have mixed feelings about it. Glad I've owned mine for 20+ years. I just wish I could get my butt in gear and finish them !!!!!  :icon_smile_wink:

Say a prayer for me guys, and I'll do the same you that we all finish our cars with Godspeed !  :yesnod: :thumbs:
Deo Vindice

69_500

I'm not sure what would be a plain jane vanilla color on a 440 4 speed car. But if its a 4 speed car that makes it easier, as I only have information on 2 440 4 speed cars that went the way of junkyards years ago.

richRTSE

Quote from: moparstuart on October 03, 2007, 09:53:11 AM
   go for it ,  no one else has one

Well, I have one I'm working on. Almost the same story-1970 Charger 500, originally 383/auto, no drive train now. We just had a baby, so that project is on hold for a while. I have most of the parts for the conversion, and it needs quarters, so I'll just install '69 panels to make it right. I have a clutch pedal assembly and Hemi 4-speed I plan on adding too. I do have the '70 hood and fenders, and have thought about doing a Daytona clone, but I don't think it's in the budget...

moparstuart

Quote from: richRTSE on November 02, 2007, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 03, 2007, 09:53:11 AM
   go for it ,  no one else has one

Well, I have one I'm working on. Almost the same story-1970 Charger 500, originally 383/auto, no drive train now. We just had a baby, so that project is on hold for a while. I have most of the parts for the conversion, and it needs quarters, so I'll just install '69 panels to make it right. I have a clutch pedal assembly and Hemi 4-speed I plan on adding too. I do have the '70 hood and fenders, and have thought about doing a Daytona clone, but I don't think it's in the budget...
what did you use for a plug ?

richRTSE

The window plug is a fiberglass piece from Janak. I picked it up about 5 years ago from a guy that bought a Daytona conversion kit and didn't need the plug. Right now its just sitting in the hole. Hopefully I'll be able to get the ball rolling this winter...

moparstuart

Quote from: richRTSE on November 02, 2007, 12:44:35 PM
The window plug is a fiberglass piece from Janak. I picked it up about 5 years ago from a guy that bought a Daytona conversion kit and didn't need the plug. Right now its just sitting in the hole. Hopefully I'll be able to get the ball rolling this winter...
cool