News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winter Storage...

Started by Mopar Crazy, October 04, 2007, 12:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

It's that time of year. I need my garage this winter, so I have to store my charge outside.   :brickwall:   The charger is a shell.  No int. or drive train. Ready for paint in the spring.
I want to wrap the car in a tarp from the wheels up and seal it.
I am concerned about moisture.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can put inside to absorb the moisture ???
Thanks  Pete
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

41husk

I don't know if there as any thing near you, but if there is a classic car consignment place, you can put a rediculouse price on the car and let them store it for the winter.  I did this with my 72, but someone met my rediculouse price before winter was over and they called for me to pick up a check rather than my car :slap:   this place charged like $150 for 4 months + 10% of the sale, but thats less than $40 a month.  I couldn't find storage that cheep and it is heated as well.  Many of these places won't sell or store projects though.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger74

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on October 04, 2007, 12:39:15 PM
It's that time of year. I need my garage this winter, so I have to store my charge outside.   :brickwall:   The charger is a shell.  No int. or drive train. Ready for paint in the spring.
I want to wrap the car in a tarp from the wheels up and seal it.
I am concerned about moisture.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can put inside to absorb the moisture ???
Thanks  Pete

If this is what you plan on doing, then buy a bunch of those silica packs like you get in every product in the world....   

dodgecharger-fan

www.carbag.com sells stuff called omnidry.
They sell a pretty cool storage solution too - but not meant for outdoors I think.

Check the Tech Info section for details.

Another place to try is a local metalwork type of place. They likely get dessicant in the crates of steel tubes and just chuck them out.
My brother works at a place where they make package boilers and condensors and he brought me home about 20 packs for free. Each pack is about the size of a bag of potato chips.
You can "refresh" the dessicant by laying them out on the rack in your oven and setting the oven on it's lowest temperature and letting them sit for a few hours.

Mean 318

Cleaned the garage last weekend... guess the 70 aint going to see the road this year  :brickwall:

70charger_boy

Put some moth balls in the car.  It works for old people

71ChallengeHer

Bags of Charcoal. Not the Matchlight kind. :2thumbs: