News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

James Bond Stunts

Started by SirNik73, September 27, 2005, 09:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

I was watching a show on the History Channel that showed how the 360 degree jump in The Man with the Golden Gun, it was awesoem to see an AMC hornet do that jump in the movie. but on the show they were showing old exposition footage of a Javelin doing the 360 degree jump. it was awesome to see a car that large tossed around like a toy.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chargen69

I saw the same show, real cool stuff

Old Moparz

I remember going to the theater to see that movie with a friend, & it was the first James Bond movie I saw without my father. (The jump was amazing, & even in all the newspapers back then.) I love James Bond movies, & had seen just about all of them with my father since I was a kid starting with From Russia with Love. (I only recall Goldfinger with Oddjob & the deadly hat.) He'd take me to see a lot of movies back then, even before I knew what they were. I think he was just trying to get out of the house & away from my mother for a few hours.   :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

James Bond is the poop! :thumbs: Don't see how he could ever go out of style.

I've got every stinkin' one on VHS.
BTW, I think it's about time to be cranking out another one! :icon_smile_evil:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 28, 2005, 01:22:03 AM
James Bond is the poop! :thumbs: Don't see how he could ever go out of style.

I've got every stinkin' one on VHS.
BTW, I think it's about time to be cranking out another one! :icon_smile_evil:

I agree. Did you know they fired Pierce Brosnan?   I guess we have a new 007 to look forward to. :shruggy:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Afflyer

I really liked Pierce Brosnan as Bond. 
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Charger_Fan

I didn't know that. I guess that explains why it's been a little while since a new one has been released.
I liked Pierce Brosnan as 007 too, I think he fit the part very well.

At the moment, I can't think of anyone else who would be a convincing enough actor to pull it off...what a bummer. :(

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Andrew

I have an old magazine sitting around that has the astro-spiral (i think thats what it was called) in it, il see if i can find it and scan it. (its more than an article, it takes up more that half the magazine)

Lowprofile

How about this guy?.......   :icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_shock:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Andrew

found it, its in part two of "on four wheels", issue 1, i assume it wasprinted in 1973, as thats when most of the copyrights are.

Il scan it and post the article when i get this scanner working.

While i was searching, i also found an ad for a 1971 plymouth 'cuda , excellent condition.340 automatic with rare 340 paint treatment. shaker hood. all origional. $4500.

this was in 1983

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 01, 2005, 09:37:14 PM
How about this guy?.......   :icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_shock:
Ummm...no.

Definitely no 007 material.
The first giveaway was the hunched over the garbage can (as if entirely too inebriated) position...Bond would have never wound up in that predicament. :icon_smile_big:

Andrew, check the fuse. :D

Andrew

Here it is, its slightly less than i remember it being.

Sorry about chopping off the ends of the lines.

theres more pics if you want 'em.