News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash light wont work

Started by 440charger68, October 06, 2007, 12:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

:shruggy:Ive had my car for about four years now, and the dash lights have never worked. Its a standard 68 dodge charger 318, all the electrical work except for the dash lights. Ive replaced the fuses, and the bulbs, but the dash still wont light up. Anyone got any ideas?
I prefer a cheap way to fix it, for i am only 17 years old and im on a budget.
life's a garden, dig it.

JimShine

Maybe the dimmer switch is bad? On my car I had to slowly roll the wheel until I found a "sweet spot" where the lights came on. If the switch is too bad, the sweet spot may be where they are too dim or non-existant. You may want to try bi-passing it.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: JimShine on October 06, 2007, 01:29:05 PM
Maybe the dimmer switch is bad? On my car I had to slowly roll the wheel until I found a "sweet spot" where the lights came on. If the switch is too bad, the sweet spot may be where they are too dim or non-existant. You may want to try bi-passing it.
:iagree:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............