News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

N96 equipped 1972 Chargers

Started by 1972Rallye, September 28, 2005, 08:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1972Rallye

Does anybody know how many were made...? I've heard less than 10.

Nupe

Not sure, but how can anyone really know on an option that wasn't supposed to be available???   ???

There is an original one around here.     :P

'79 Lil'Red Express.

cudaken

Did not know they could be had in a 72. Sure look's better than the ram air on the 1971 Road Runner!

Cuda Ken
I am back

twilt

I dont think there is a definite accepted  number.  i do believe it to be much higher than 10 though. i have read that it was "probably less than 100"

TruckDriver

I'd like to see more pics of that car :yesnod: Where is Nacho when you need him ???
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

I think you might have read that number on this website.http://www.windvisions.com/Charger/1972.html

I am fairly sure that number (and explanation) is inaccurate in regard to the N96 option. the handful of  440-6 cars were very very early production( as in first day) the same is not true of N96 cars
my n96 car has a build date in April.

Just goes to show that the internet is a great source for incorrect information. ;)

2muchrust

twilt

Quote from: 2muchrust on September 28, 2005, 06:12:06 PM
I had a 340 car with one
as far as i know, the N96 option could be ordered as long as the engine had a 4bbl. as far as 1972,   i have seen 340 and 440 N96 cars, but not any 400`s.  Not saying they dont exist, I just havent seen one.

Nupe

Twilt, the car in my area is a 400, auto N96 car.  I have only seen it quickly, but it is supposed to be all original and never touched.  :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

73rallye440magnum

you should search into that nupe... get some pics!
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Nupe

He recently moved something like 80 miles North of me.   He was debating on a full blown resto last I talked to him.

Pics would have been lost since a virus took down my computer a couple weeks ago and lost all my pics.   Even my rotter pics...   :rotz:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

73rallye440magnum

blasted computers. Was the car fair driving original or in need of a resto? at a local car show there was a 70 chally T/A with original paint, triple green gator top car. 340 six. the guy was going to repaint it, i told him absolutley not. i hope he doesnt. there was like one door ding and i bet if he glazed it it would shine. awesome car, 4 speed.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

1972Rallye

Quote from: twilt on September 28, 2005, 06:06:45 PM
I think you might have read that number on this website.http://www.windvisions.com/Charger/1972.html

I am fairly sure that number (and explanation) is inaccurate in regard to the N96 option. the handful of   440-6 cars were very very early production( as in first day) the same is not true of N96 cars
my n96 car has a build date in April.

Just goes to show that the internet is a great source for incorrect information. ;)

Yup, that was one source, but I've heard it other places as well.  I think you may be correct with less than 100 figure...

I've seen 340, 400, and 440 cars with N96 on the fender tag and even a couple Rallye Coupes (WL21...).  Mine has the latest bulid date (June) I've been able to find.

The unuasual thing I've found is you never see any factory literature or press photos with Ramcharger hood cars (the usually load those cars up with all the goodies).

One more pic of my car since somebody asked... :icon_smile_big: