News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"New Charger" Section

Started by jmanscharger, September 28, 2005, 01:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

Troy, is it possible to start a new section for New "Charger" Discussion. The feelings are so strong and repetitive on this subject it would be a service.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Troy

I know. I've thought about it but haven't made a decision yet. I really don't plan on supporting the new ones with the site but the questions and topics are bound to come up (just like most other Mopar related topics).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Crazy440

There are plenty of sites for the new Charger.  I feel this place is for "Classic(old)" Chargers.

My 2 ¢
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

jmanscharger

Oh believe me I have no real desire to support the new "Charger", only to give Troy a place to put the multitude of posts about it so that it will direct that red herring out of general discussion and give the curious a quick reference of this boards opinions. Maybe it should read New Daimler Chrysler "Charger" Discussion. "This site is for classic Chargers but if really want to see our opinions on the new one look here." If you don't give it a corner to languish in, it will keep rearing its head in general discussion like the "whack a mole" game.  Many folks would only open it to abuse the new charger. I agree it doesn't belong here, but do we want it in the living room or basement when it shows up? (Like the estranged family member that doesn't have the sense to stay away, every time it shows up in the living room arguments break out and everyone calls it names.)
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Silver R/T

why should we have one, this is not magnum board, lets not have that crap on real charger.com forum
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Crazy440 on September 28, 2005, 09:07:43 PM
There are plenty of sites for the new Charger.  I feel this place is for "Classic(old)" Chargers.

My 2 ¢

:iagree:   My  :Twocents:

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 29, 2005, 03:05:20 PM
why should we have one, this is not magnum board, lets not have that crap on real charger.com forum

I already answered that.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

2Gunz

First of all dont get me wrong.... Im not in love with the new Chargers.

However IF the forum is looking for more active members and looking to drag in more classic Charger owners, then adding the section would be a great idea.  Adding a new Charger section could help alot. The more members join the more people tell their friends and the more they post about it other places.

Really I guess it comes down to what the intent of this site is. A rock solid small  core of old Charger owners that shuns the new.  Or a Large forum than can benfit from more members and more posts (and not just from the new charger guys... but the old Charger guys that found this place through the new). However this could come at the risk of getting people we dont want and perhaps losing a bit of identity.

*Shrug* Dunno myself...........

RD

I say do it, you can always remove it later you pHp God :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Beer

Your board so you know you can do what ya want!

I think you have a niche here...keep it classic. Having done other boards for gaming communities, you can't please everyone, so don't try. You took this on becuase you enjoy and want to promote a classic charger community (I am guessing that), and your doing a fantastic job.

If you were solicting sponsers to pay for the site like LS1.com or other "Sponsored" sites, than that might change the need to add support for a broader audience and need inclusion of new markets.

Just my 2 ounces.

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

TheGhost

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 29, 2005, 03:05:20 PM

It's badged from the factory as a Charger.  Therefore, it is a real Charger.  Just because you do not like it, does not make it something else. :eyes:

Frankly, I think it would be a bad idea.  Waste of time.  Most new Charger owners leave the first day.  Which doesn't surprise me, from what certain OTHER members post in their threads. :eyes: :rotz:  No sense in having a forum for them, when they won't stay for it.

And, as meantioned before, this is a site more oriented to the classics.  There are sites dedicated to the newer Chargers.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.