News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Down with FedEx

Started by SirNik73, September 28, 2005, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

I just mailed off this letter to FedEx

Dear FedEx Representative:

I’m writing this to file a complaint. Your service is Horrible.

On Friday the 24th of September I purchased a cell phone from Verizon Wireless. The phone I purchased was not available in the store, so the had it shipped to me. There was a mistake made at the store and the phone was submitted for shipment to my home in Kelseyville, California, when I had requested the phone to be shipped to my office in Folsom, California. Being a shipping agency I’m sure you know your geography and thus would know that Kelseyville, California is 140 miles from Folsom, California. It is a Big deal the phone is in my office on Wednesday the 28th of September. I was assured that the phone could and would be redirected to my office.

On Monday the 26th of September I was contacted by Verizon Wireless and told that my phone was successfully redirected. About 3 hours after the phone call from Verizon Wireless I checked the tracking number on your tracking service and the tracking service said that the package destination was Kelseyville. At this time I called FedEx and was told that the package had been successfully redirected to my office and that I could expect it on Wednesday the 28th of September.

Today the 28th of September at 9:15AM I called FedEx because the tracking information on your website still read for delivery in Kelseyville and was on the truck for delivery. I called and asked where my package was and they said it was being shipped to Folsom, California and was on the truck for delivery. I told the FedEx person on the phone that the website still read for delivery in Kelseyville. I was then told that the operator on the phone could no verify the location of my package. Then I was asked for my phone number and told that I would be called by a FedEx representative who could tell me the location of my package.  At 11AM I called FedEx once again and asked for the location of my package. I was then told that it was in Ukiah (as you should know, the nearest distribution point to Kelseyville, California) I then asked why and tried to explain that I was told that the package would be delivered to Folsom by both Verizon Wireless and FedEx, but I was unable to explain this to you operator because she would not stop arguing with me and telling me that I could not redirect the package. I never once asked for FedEx to redirect the package. I left that job to Verizon Wireless. The FedEx Representative I talked to today was the most rude telephone operator I’ve ever talked to.

It is now 12:30PM on the 28th of September, You have my package and I would like to know where it’s at and if I will ever see it. I paid $161 for the phone that is in that box. If I do not receive my phone I’m holding FedEx responsible for refunding that amount of money. I’ve talked to FedEx numerous times about this matter and nothing has been resolved and I know that FedEx has my phone.

Be assured that I will never ship anything via FedEx in the future. Your company has lost a costumer today. I hope the horrible service I’ve received during this time is your usual service and that your company is forced out of business due to dissatisfied costumers like myself. 

Regards,
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

2fast4u

I can relate with your pain man!  :rotz: The most sad thing about it is that they look at it like "what's one customer,who cares!" attitude!

I work at a dealership and was sent to our PDC out of Denver to take in a siminar there about shipping and recieving!  The "BIGGEST" complaint about what mode of shipping transportation was none other than FED-EX!  One of the shipping managers from the Denv. PDC had the opurtunity of touring one of the main plants in Washington and was just astounded at how they treated the packages.....he literally saw one loader kicking one package into one truck and then turn around and drop kick another pkg into another truck!  He then turned to the dock foreman and asked if that was the way they loaded all their trucks....his response was "Hey! We just guarentee the package to get there fast! Not to get there in one piece! Thats the shippers responsibility!"   When the shipping manager told the room that....Man that set the room ablaze with anger!  A LOT of pi$$ed off people!  they avoid using FED-EX at all cost!  And FED-EX knows this and hasn't tried to take care of it to this day!  Imagine that!

Even the pretty lil' girl that drops off our freight throws our freight from the rear of the truck to the front of the truck and it comes rolling down the trucks steps and out on the ground!  Many times we say something to her and she just smiles and ignores us!

:iagree:   FED-EX sucks!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

rollingthunder

I know what you mean I ordered a new radiator for my truck and was told buy the store I ordered it from the I would have it at my door Monday this was Saturday well Tuesday came and went I call the store to see where the thing was I needed that truck to get to work on Thursday so I found one in a salvage yard  that afternoon the fed x truck showed up Friday afternoon my wife told him to send it back  that fed x service sucks. the driver said o well and left with the part. the shop called wanting to know whats up I told them fed x took a week to deliver it and I couldn't Wait that long.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

Brock Samson

in thursday's paper...

news: Add to metro: FEDEX29 -- Egelko. Thousands of African American and Latino employees can sue giant courier FedEx Express over claims of discrimination in pay, promotions, evaluations and discipline, a federal judge in San Francisco ruled Wednesday. 10-12 inches.

bull

This doesn't surprise me. I do vehicle maint. for a small shipping company and I'm frequently shocked at how they treat the packages. The old "Handle With Care" label means nothing. They are always kicking them and throwing them all over the place. Sometimes I find them hidden in some corner because the driver doesn't want to deliver them for whatever reason. Those packages I take to the boss. Once one of them left a package on top of my oil drain barrel and I spilled oil all over it so the driver had to pay for it. I typically use the US Postal Service or UPS when I ship but I doubt they are much better than FedEx. Of the three the post office seems to work pretty good for me so far.

SirNik73

I was on th ephone with FedEx and then Verizon til about 2PM yesterday. they finealy agreed that they would ship it to me and i would have it friday. but then this mornign i called and it was still in Ukiah :icon_smile_angry: so i called them agian. FedEx actuly transferd my call to the Ukiah office. the woman in ukiah told me that she would personaly put it on the truck for Sacrmaneto and that i should get it tomorrow. (we'll see about that)

It was kinda funny the FedEx guy came in my office today to drop off the usual deliverys and he asked me, "did they ever find your pacakge" and i was shocked. i supose i had shook things up enough with all my phone calls that the driver heard abotu it.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Silver R/T

what lol wasnt there just a thread how GOOD fedex is and not to ever use UPS..hmm guys make up your mind
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Punctuation is your friend... Here, borrow one of mine..   ?    :icon_smile_big:

2fast4u

:haha:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

LeeBoy

I've had nothing but problems with FedEx myself. I wouldn't recomend them to anyone  :flame:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Charged

In contrast, I have always used FedEx ground. I have never had any problems myself and have not heard any problems from people who recieved my parts threw my FedEx shipments. 

Cannot vouch for how they handle problems.