News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jeep Compass <hey, it's a MOPAR>

Started by Khyron, September 28, 2005, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I DO like it!!!
I will buy it.

http://trucktrend.com/autoshows/coverage/163_05fas_jeep_compass_gallery/

2005 Frankfurt Motor Show: Jeep Compass Photo Gallery
Sophisticated toughness

Photography by the Manufacturer
Truck Trend, September 2005

The second of the revolutionary concept models out at this show is the Jeep Compass, also sharing the same platform as the Jeep Patriot. Clearly going after the rally sport crowd, Jeep is looking to the Compass to give the Evo IX and WRX Sti a run for their money. Still sporting the seven-slot grille, Jeep designers have gone for sophisticated rally toughness, rather than trail-rated 4x4 competence. Still, Jeep assures us that this will be the most capable Jeep in its class, with tractive ability at all four wheels that none of its competitors can match. The Compass will run the same 2.4-liter I-4 from the Patriot (and Caliber), but you can expect some power massaging beyond the estimated 170 horsepower predicted for the optional sport package. The second-generation continuously variable transmission is also in the concept Compass, as will be -- we’re guessing -- a six-speed manual transmission. This is a completely new segment for Jeep and will be an important test as to whether buyers are interested in a Jeep vehicle that doesn’t have some type of trail-rated capabilities. We’re told to look for the sporty car-based rally star to compete with Toyota’s Scions, the Pontiac Vibe, and Mazda 3, with a considerable price advantage.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Orange_Crush

Oh boy...here it comes.

For the record, it only makes sense that the Jeep division would offer a car to compete with the WRX and EVO as both are rally homolgations and therefore, technically, homolgations of cars built for offroad performance.

In any case, I hope this is a harbringer of a Jeep intry into the World Rally Championship. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Khyron

Looking at it, and the new Neon replacement, I would say it shares the same chassis.

Other boards i'm on don't seem to be recieving this very well. I personally love it. It's everything i'm looking for <I'm in the car market now>

AWD, American, comes with a 6 speed<rumor has it>, American, Sporty looking, american. great on gas, ohh and it's american :D

I also don't think it's too hard on the eyes. I own a Wrangler now, so the "If you want a jeep just buy a wrangler" don't count ;) I love my Wrangler, but I hate the gas stations :(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

I don't understand why companies these days are putting the rear door handles up by the windows...it makes the rear doors look like an afterthought when they designed the car/wagon/SUV/truck...whatever that is.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

I think on this, they're trying to hide them, blend them into the Body. I think Ma Mopar knows we don't care much for 4 doors ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

sandmbmx88

Its going to be a huge hit like the pontiac vibe.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Khyron

Quote from: mustanghater on September 28, 2005, 05:31:52 PM
I think it looks cool.

thats for ruining it for me, now I have to hate it! damnit!

j/k bud ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

73rallye440magnum

it looks alright in my opinion, that extra headlight/ turnsignal on the fender is FRICKIN HIDEOUS! get rid of that and it looks alright.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

bull

:P Looks like the Compass is pointed south. :-X