News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pic of my fender tag, help me decode it please

Started by BigBlockSam, July 25, 2005, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys
i posted this ounce before and got alittle help. i've been told that the color of the stripe is here. i am trying to be has correct as possible with this car. the more info you can give me the better thanks guys . Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bacarudaguy

;D If you'd like a signature like this, shoot me a PM! ;D

KMPX2

Looking at UBS if that is a 9 under the S than you have a stripe delete car

KMPX2

I am on my way out the door to go buy a truck or I would do the rest of the tag. But one thing I see is the photo of your car shows black seat but the tag says they should be white

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: bacarudaguy on July 25, 2005, 11:39:31 AM
Damn Lynch Road tags.... :rotz:
Um, thats not a Lynch Road fender tag.

Anywho, Sam, here is your feder tag decoded the way they are meant to be read, from bottom left to top right.

XS29=Charger R/T
83=440 4-bbl
5=Three Speed Automatic Torqueflite
46=F70x14 Whitewall Steel Belted Tires
115=Your Car Was Built January 15th, 1968
064260=Your Cars Shipping Number

25=Drip Rail Mouldings
30=Body Belt Mouldings
78=Wheel Lip Mouldings
A4=3.23 Rear End Ratio
X8=Sure Grip Rear End
TC=Charger Trim
R6=Vinyl Split Bench Seats
MW=White & Black Interior
PB=Black Roof
NB=Black Body
T1=Monotone Paint (One Color)
UW=White Upper Door Frame Paint
B_=This Does Not Apply, It Was Only For Silver Metallic Paint
S9=Stripe Delete

P6=Rear Seat Speaker
R1=AM Radio

A6=Center Console
B4=Bucket Seats
U1=Somebody Ordered The Car This Way

Hope I have been of some help, good luck :cheers: !

BigBlockSam

MoparYoungGun
  thank you so much . thats fing great. the only thing that i'm off on are the seats. it would be cool to have a white intrerior on an all black car but the guy i bought the car from had just finished the interior in black. so for now it's staying that way.it's a matching numbers car. i think i'm gonna take the sixpack off and put the original intake and carb on. i can use the sixpack on my daytona project.  thanks again . Rene    :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

MoparYoungGun

Your interior isn't suppose to be all white. The seats, door panels, and headliner are suppose to be white. The carpet and instrument panel are suppose to be black. Just making sure you know what is suppose to be what color.

BigBlockSam

thank you   MoparYoungGun.

i did not know that the headliner was suppose to be white, i thought just the seats and door panels. it doesn't say what wheels it had, so i guess that means it had black rims with the poverty caps. can you tell me where it was built? thanks Rene

MoparYoungGun

What is the 7th character in your VIN?
A=Lynch Road
B=Hamtrack
E=Los Angeles
G=St Louis

To my knowledge, 68's were only built at the Hamtrack and St Louis plants. Also, reguarding your wheels. Do you have the buildsheet? There should be an area on there for wheels and it should list a code. With out this code, however, it is pretty much impossible to tell.

BigBlockSam

no buildsheet. it was built in Hamtrack. where is Hamtrack? you don't know the birthday present you gave me. i'm like a little kid with a new toy. that white interior turns me on. i gotta think about that. i might have to do that. Rene

MoparYoungGun

Hamtrack is located in Michigan. I'm glad I have been of some help Rene, good luck with the car :cheers: !

mustanghater

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on July 25, 2005, 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: bacarudaguy on July 25, 2005, 11:39:31 AM
Damn Lynch Road tags.... :rotz:
Um, thats not a Lynch Road fender tag.

Anywho, Sam, here is your feder tag decoded the way they are meant to be read, from bottom left to top right.

XS29=Charger R/T
83=440 4-bbl
5=Three Speed Automatic Torqueflite
46=F70x14 Whitewall Steel Belted Tires
115=Your Car Was Built January 15th, 1968
064260=Your Cars Shipping Number

25=Drip Rail Mouldings
30=Body Belt Mouldings
78=Wheel Lip Mouldings
A4=3.23 Rear End Ratio
X8=Sure Grip Rear End
TC=Charger Trim
R6=Vinyl Split Bench Seats
MW=White & Black Interior
PB=Black Roof
NB=Black Body
T1=Monotone Paint (One Color)
UW=White Upper Door Frame Paint
B_=This Does Not Apply, It Was Only For Silver Metallic Paint
S9=Stripe Delete

P6=Rear Seat Speaker
R1=AM Radio

A6=Center Console
B4=Bucket Seats
U1=Somebody Ordered The Car This Way

Hope I have been of some help, good luck :cheers: !

crap and your only 14! I'm 16 and I can't do that!   :bawling:

you got the book in your hand don't you...I KNOW YOU DO
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

MoparYoungGun

So was done by memory, some was done with an aid. I have been reading books/literature/and stuff online since I was about 10/11. You can accumulate ALOT of knowledge in that time. Now, if only I could get my hands on a Charger I would be in HEAVEN !

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparYoungGun

Really Chris ??? ? I didn't think 68's were built there but did think 69/70's were. Well, I guess you learn something new everyday :icon_smile_big: !