News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini starters and 440s

Started by CFMopar, July 25, 2005, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

I have a friend with a 71 demon a he said the early ram alternator is a bolt on to pretty much. Had to make a custombracket and change his wire conectors but just like that 120 amp alternator. I think Im going to try that.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Lostsheep

A couple friends of mine have the mini startesr and love 'em. :icon_smile_tongue:

4cruzin

I had to grind some of the block away to get it to fit.  I have a 1970 440 block!   :icon_smile_wink:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

CFMopar

Ok so to round it up what vehicals / engines have the mini starter that will bolt on a 440?
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Chryco Psycho

greenrt_se

I have a Tilton ministarter in RB and fit/working great

greenpigs

The stud hit the block on my 440 also, so I took a hacksaw to it and removed the nub, now it fits but it is tight. I plan on grinding a little more off the stud to be safe.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mefirst

About the Ministarters... Part # MRE644 from Mancini

You do NOT have to remove the plastic cover!!! I tested it last weekend when I mounted the new mini starter and it fits just as good.. Its MUCH easier to route the wires when you leave it on.. I found out more by accident.. and I also began to wonder why the hell you need to pry off the plastic cover in the first place, it works just as good, if not better when you leave it on.. It will in no way interfere with the headers, at least the TTi headers clear it well and I dont think heat will be any problem. If heat was a problem and made the plastic cover melt, well then allot more new Mopar cars would be stranded with a burnt up starter...

Route the wires so they come from back to front and route them as close to the block as you can, of course NOT touching the block..

/Tom