News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'd Like My Cuda "Well Done" Please

Started by Old Moparz, September 28, 2005, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

It's too rare, send it back & make it well done. Sad to see this, a 440-6V Cuda that was destroyed in a shop fire. The roof fell on it too. I was going to say that this final sale price is nuts at $13,425.00 but since the seller says that the "Title, Fender Tag, & VIN Tag" come with the body, we all know what will happen.   ::)     Even helpgagme couldn't put some fresh paint on here & make it look good from 50 feet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4577456301&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Looks like the value of your E-bod just went up another notch. :cheers:

That does suck that it's dead, though. :(

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vainglory, Esq.

I hope someone records the VIN so we know on which fraud car it ends up.

That thing should have a date with the crusher, numbers and all.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Vainglory on September 28, 2005, 11:51:21 PM
I hope someone records the VIN so we know on which fraud car it ends up.

That thing should have a date with the crusher, numbers and all.

They covered the last part of the number, but someone on Moparts mentioned something about a sequence number being visible? Not sure what that is, but here's a pic:

Bob                

Nupe

Rebody city.   ::)   Glad some honest people bid on it.   Maybe a certain person who can ressurect hemicuda cowls???

That poor car should have been sent to the crusher along with the numbers.   :angel:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

SirNik73

My uncle restors rare cars. and from what i've heard from my dad and uncle is that you only need like 15% of the parts on the finished car to be from the original car to call it a restoration not a reconstruction. so as long as they can save some of that car then ok. it would be tragic for some one to buy it and change tags... but if they are going to tear it apart and actuly try and save some of the car and they put in the time to rebuild it from the ground up and use what ever 15% they can get off that fish filet then more power to them.

my uncel has one of 4 1929 plymouth convertibles registered in the US... restored to factory new. its very nice
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Old Moparz

In this case, 15% of nothing, is nothing. Regardless of that Cuda being a rare 6-pack car, the structural integrity of whatever remaining steel that is still there is garbage. Can you imagine what the temperature of that fire was to melt the car (Look at the other photos in the eBay link) & have the roof of the shop cave in? I'm sure the tires exploded or also melted, & the ones on it were put there to move it. There can't be any safe way to ressurect that car, & since swapping tags is accepted by a lot of people, that's what will probably happen.

Just curious SirNik73, (and not to break balls btw) any idea how the 15% quantity was arrived at? I know condition ratings of cars, like in magazines such as "Old Cars Price Guide"they use a number rating system of 1 through 6. Maybe someone is trying to establish a restoration percentage to determine what's retored? Might not be a bad idea, but I would think 15% would be too low.
               Bob                

ChargerBill

I just saved the VIN...and I won't hessitate to blow the whistle if this things pops up next year on ebag...this rebody crap HAS to stop!
Life is a highway...

41husk

That looks like an easy father and son resto project :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mustanghater

that cars about 40 mi from here. a collector by here was talking about how the shop he was having his car restored burned down and it was in Erie,PA to.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

PocketThunder

Quote from: mustanghater on September 29, 2005, 02:27:29 PM
that cars about 40 mi from here. a collector by here was talking about how the shop he was having his car restored burned down and it was in Erie,PA to.

I thought you lived in Canada?

or was that Drache?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NHCharger

Holy $hit. 13k for a Vin and fender tag. I'm in the wrong business.  Not sure what the moparts guy means by sequence #. The number above the Vin is the dealer order number.
As mentioned above somehow we need to keep track of these tags. I guarantee that in two years that tag will be on a # matching gem at Carlisle.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mustanghater

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 29, 2005, 03:27:15 PM
Quote from: mustanghater on September 29, 2005, 02:27:29 PM

I thought you lived in Canada?

or was that Drache?
I live in ohio,Drache live's in canada.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed