News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHAT LOWER INTERIOR TRIM DID YOU USE WITH VEGA PLUG ?

Started by daytonalo, October 28, 2007, 09:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I bought an entire black interior trim kit from year one . It appears the lower trim is a little short , I guess the Vega widow is a little wider than the Daytona . Anybody  been there , done that ? I really don't want to piece the lower together , Tomorrow I will search for a longer trim .

Larry

triple_green

email Dane:

DGjesdal@aol.com

He has done several of these.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

I found a longer lower piece at a friends trim shop

moparstuart

daytonalo

Didn't install it yet, but i installed the metal teeth just like creative did! .

Larry

moparstuart

are you going to just move the original teeth or do you need extra's ?

daytonalo

Hold on cupcake , loading a photo now . Yes used the orig teeth , had to make relief cuts in metal teeth to bend in corners .

Larry

moparstuart

great thanks  i think I can figure that out now , thanks i prefer HO HO's to cupcakes though   

daytonalo

Here you go ,I used existing metal teeth on the sides and top , bending a hard 90 on sides and used self tape screws to fasten

daytonalo

more

moparstuart

thank you  very much    hey your car does exsist   

daytonalo

Another very important detail is the lower trim and package tray landings , here is the start of handling that dilemma , I have to add the metal lip for trim and 3/8 below that another for package tray .

daytonalo

yep , that is my hunk of shit !!!!!!!! Just sold my 472 -600 hp hemi , it was too small , just started a 528 -750 hp hemi with tremec 5 speed

BigBlockSam

thanks for the pics. i saved all of those. your car looks naked without the wing. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 31, 2007, 01:24:29 PM
thanks for the pics. i saved all of those. your car looks naked without the wing. Rene
he ran out of duct tape

BigBlockSam

i told him those glass wings won't stay on at any spped.  :D :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 31, 2007, 01:33:22 PM
i told him those glass wings won't stay on at any spped.  :D :nana:
but duct tapes sticks better to fiber glass

daytonalo

That is why I bought a hollow one from Dane , Youll see when your qtrs are wavy  !!!!!

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

The fiberglass wing with a 440 no problem , but a 750 Hemi , I went with alum!!!! :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on October 31, 2007, 03:15:42 PM
The fiberglass wing with a 440 no problem , but a 750 Hemi , I went with alum!!!! :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:
I went with the solid  boat anchor one

daytonalo

moparstuart

no big gas hijacker  monroes

and new r/t springs