News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists....post pics of your guitar!

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 02, 2007, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on January 10, 2014, 07:47:54 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2014, 02:00:05 AM
Appearently I never posted the guitars I've purchased in the past few years.... :shruggy:

When did you get the double neck and how do you like it.

About two weeks ago. I LOVE it!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HeavyFuel

Just one ol' Peavey Tracer...

Bob T

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2014, 08:03:43 AM
Quote from: 69CoronetRT on January 10, 2014, 07:47:54 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2014, 02:00:05 AM
Appearently I never posted the guitars I've purchased in the past few years.... :shruggy:

When did you get the double neck and how do you like it.

About two weeks ago. I LOVE it!

Its quite a piece, nice one, well done  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Irish Charger

Great to see a thread like this.  ;D

I have 8 right now, the 6 below and another old Strat and an Ovation.

My (heavily modded!) '94 Orville Les Paul:

'06 US Fender Tele FSR:

'78 MIJ Profile Silhouette Strat:

'09 Epiphone Lucille:

'02 HW1 Fender Strat (trans cocoa):

'63 Musima Elgita (cool old Soviet guitar):

Bob T

Nice collection Irishman, that old Russkie one is one out of the bag definitley!
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

No work done on the Charger lately... I can't find any gas anywhere for the welder. The NAPA one state over (RI) might get some in next week... hopefully anyway.

Anywho... I 'm suppose to be taking it easy anyway, so I started building another guitar instead. It'll keep me occupied during the interim. I'm not done yet of course, but I'm getting close... perhaps a few more days. Everything is ready except the body, which I just finished shaping and rough sanding. I just put a good heavy coat of nitrocellulose lacquer on it for a sealer. I'll let it harden overnight and see if I can't get the finish sanding done tomorrow. Eventually the body will be painted Arctic White.

Bob T

Nice!, What did you use for the body? And what are the pickups going to be?, just interested, love to see craft taking place
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

Quote from: Bob T on April 20, 2014, 05:03:26 PM
Nice!, What did you use for the body? And what are the pickups going to be?, just interested, love to see craft taking place

Nothing special for the body, I'm home on a Medical at the moment, so it's just some lightweight stuff I had laying around... Poplar or Paulownia I believe.
I have lots of Pickups to choose from... I have set of GFS 1959 Strat knockoffs here that I might try out first. I actually bought them for another build, but if they sound good in this lightweight body, then I'll just leave them in and get another set.

:cheers:

Musicman

Clear coated over the Arctic White body this morning... It's just a rattle can job, but it gave me something to do for a few days.  I'll probably start putting it all together tomorrow. :scratchchin:

Still waiting on that bottle of shielding gas for my welder, so I can finish up some of the body work on my Charger.  :brickwall:

Musicman

I started putting the new toy together today, and I quickly realized that while I had plenty of extra parts lying around to build a working guitar, I did not have enough screws to attach the various  parts... That said, I had to order the various screws required since no one around here sells this sort of stuff.

bill440rt

Wow, that is one sharp looking guitar!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Musicman

Quote from: bill440rt on April 24, 2014, 02:01:34 PM
Wow, that is one sharp looking guitar!  :yesnod:

Thanks!... at least it might be a sharp look'n guitar in about a week or so, when I get the parts to actually finish it.  :lol:

Musicman

I still can't finish the guitar without screws, but I did get some work done this morning on a couple of the small items that I could do.
Wired up the pickguard components, and installed a set of locking tuners on the headstock. Hey, a little progress is better than none.

troy.70R/T

Good thread. How have I missed this one.  :shruggy: I better get some pic up. :coolgleamA:

Bob T

My Maton electric acoustic SRS 60C that I got in December last year developed a twist in the neck which affected the action. I took it back to the music shop and then to the luthier for assessment, he said it would be neck off and a major repair which i was a bit concerned about.
Because it was still under warranty Maton agreed to replace it, so last Thursday my brand new SRS 60C # 711 made in July turned up all the way from Australia.

Sounds fantastic, strangely more resonant than the previous, neck finish feels slightly different too, definitely more longitudinal grain in it but unfortunately very few burls on the face or back and a smaller less distinct blonde streak up the backbone. Smells like a cross between an Australian bush forest and Kylie Minogue  :icon_smile_big:

Still though, very happy with it. Beautiful sound. $2k worth anyway, am fine with that, its performance grade and a lifetime guitar as well.  Didn't really need ali heads and a cam upgrade anyway....

I also made a portable power supply kit that fits in a technicians suitcase. It runs on two 12v 9.6A/h batteries connected to a 24vdc - 230vac 700w Inverter. I can run both my small amps on it and also ran my bass player mates gear off it too. Gives around and 1 1/2 hours of power time which is plenty for busking and doesn't weigh too much.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Since I'm away travelling and working at the moment I couldn't live without having a guitar around and didn't want to risk damage or theft of my beautiful Maton during transit, so I went up to my local favourite music shop and the lovely Liz did me a killer deal on a cutaway electric acoustic and hard case for $500.

Its a Cort MR E NS and yes, made in China but it sounded the best of what they had available in my budget.
Solid top, might be a type of stika with lovely grain and lots of burls and has mahogany back and sides, also has mother of pearl inlay around sound hole and outer edge. A bit thin mid tone range and not a lot of bass, but I'm spoiled after playing the Maton for a while. Nice finish and feel too.

Had it since September last year and used it quite a bit, it sounds nice.
This trip back up here I brought my Ditto looper pedal and purchased a 10w 3.5kg Troubadour amp for $169 so its made a bit more fun in the hotel room in the evenings. Don't know what my neighbours think about it but I'm really enjoying it  :2thumbs:  The looper is great for practising solos
I gave the case a bit of an upgrade too   :coolgleamA:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Nice work on the case, I may just do that to one of mine.  :2thumbs:

Musicman

:cheers:
It doesn't always have to cost you a fortune to get a decent sound. I have an old Hohnor Contessa here that I picked up in the early 70's. It may not sound like a Martin, but it has a nice woody tone that definitely holds it's own. Check out the adjustable bridge, pretty cool feature for a cheap acoustic.

Love what you did with the case! :2thumbs: Was that a stencil, a stick on, or what..?

Musicman

My most recent acquisition... I picked it up on the cheap over at Reverb.

Musicman

My other cheap acoustic... this one is an Xaviere.
It actually sounds pretty good, especially for $199. Spruce top, Rosewood back and sides. I converted this one to an acoustic electric. Like most acoustics however, it still sounds better unplugged.

Bob T

Hi MM, was hoping you would check in with an update  :cheers:

Looks like an Airline H-78 Honeyburst if my googling fingers have it correct at Eastwoods.
Very nice and hanging on display for all to admire, wall art for sure ,looks like a lot of guitar for the money.

My brother in law did a some decals off online images a few years ago, I put one on my old 318 Charger to give it a bit more muscle  :lol: and had a few left. Had to really wipe it down firmly into the vinyl cracks so it would adhere and then left it out in the sun for hours to make sure it cured correctly. Really stood out in the baggage hall at the airport too  :2thumbs:.
Have got some Moroso and STP decals on the sides but was looking for some Betty Page pinups to lift it some more  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

MxRacer855

Hey guys!

Usually I never venture into this section, but today I did and I'm happy that I did!  :2thumbs:

Great guitars on here!  :drool5: My dad and I have always been into playing.

here's our little setup we have in the basement.  :cheers:

There's 3 large JBL amps (you can see 2 of them) and one large subwoofer, a few PA systems, Fender Twin Reverb amp, a few smaller ones, a couple of EV speakers, a Fender Strat, 80's Gibson Les Paul, Taylor acoustic, Ovation acoustic, and a cheap Fender Bullet (garbage, basically there for looks, hanging on wall).

We have a blast down there!  :2thumbs:

MxRacer855

Here's a close up pic of our original Les Paul. It's a mid-80's one. Real pearl frets. Great action and sound!  :cheers:

Bob T

Great to see the selection, many fun hours packed in there  :yesnod:
LP is a beauty   :2thumbs:

:cheers: Bob
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

MxRacer855