News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bird clone for sale , IT"S BACK

Started by BigBlockSam, November 05, 2007, 11:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

another

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hemigeno

Thanks for posting the pics, Rene!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

daytonalo

THAT IS THE NICEST CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

oh man i was waiting for you to tear that on up larry
  it is aweful

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

anything for you Gene

what gets me about this car is the money he's asking.

Slade_Stone50

pettybird

"It's a Superbird that you can Drive!"

I want to punch people who use this line, and also those who whine they CAN'T drive theirs...

oldcarnut

I remembered a very similar clone that was ebayed a while back. It was made by the same guy.  I went out for a drive today and looked at a 70 Sport Satellite and a RR as a possible clone project. He didn't have any Chargers to look at.  We spent almost the whole afternoon at the Satellite location talking with the owner.  Super nice guy and had many Mopars and tons of Mopar parts and misc. laying about. Gave us a nice tour of the place and let the wife feed his chickens and goats. Didn't buy the Satellite but had a great day in the country.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250148664776&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

hemigeno

Quote from: oldcarnut on November 06, 2007, 11:27:51 PM
I remembered a very similar clone that was ebayed a while back. It was made by the same guy.  I went out for a drive today and looked at a 70 Sport Satellite and a RR as a possible clone project. He didn't have any Chargers to look at.  We spent almost the whole afternoon at the Satellite location talking with the owner.  Super nice guy and had many Mopars and tons of Mopar parts and misc. laying about. Gave us a nice tour of the place and let the wife feed his chickens and goats. Didn't buy the Satellite but had a great day in the country.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250148664776&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

;)

pettybird

another Superbird you can Drive!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 07, 2007, 02:01:54 AM
another Superbird you can Drive!
good price though  hard to build that one for that price ,  need more work but a great start

Rolling_Thunder

I drive my boss's bird...     the blown engine proves it    :yesnod:    have taken the thing to Willow Springs, California Speedway, Las Vegal Dragstrip, and numerous shows including a bonzai run to Carslbad and lancaster....       if you got one - drive em
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Slade_Stone50

What's this car worth?  It's in my hometown, and I am set to go and look at it tomorow.

S
:drool5:

daytonalo

Slade_Stone50

PocketThunder

Quote from: Slade_Stone50 on November 12, 2007, 08:29:22 PM
What's this car worth?  It's in my hometown, and I am set to go and look at it tomorow.

S

I dont know man, i was gonna guess $25k tops.  The nose cone would make me hesistate.  But if you want something you can drive right away, that doesnt cost a lot and looks cool as a 20/20 car, then maybe give it a good look.   :shruggy:

I would spend the extra money and try to get this one instead.  Just get it road worthy (or Slap a /6 in it  ;) ) and drive it around Joe Dirt style untill you have more money for a Restoration..  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RM23V0A16XXXX_W0QQitemZ190173240902QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

IowaCharger69

I love wing cars and perhaps that is clouding my vision, but I am too new at wanting one of these to be able to tell why this one just isn't worth it. There are a few things that I have noticed but I could be totally wrong.

1. 318 car  :down:
2. wing looks like it could be too far forward?
3. The headliner looks like it cloth? And poorly installed
4. no stainless on the windshield pillars
5. non functional headlight doors/unattractive solution

What have you purists noticed?

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

Shove the whole thing in Dumpster !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

70charger_boy

Quote from: daytonalo on November 14, 2007, 07:57:25 PM
Shove the whole thing in Dumpster !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

No really, tell us how you really feel

BigBlockSam

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 27, 2007, 04:10:20 PM
YEA IT'S BACK WITH A BIG BUY IT NOW. $29k .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-Petty-Blue-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43921QQihZ015QQitemZ250192352316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Its nice to know we have you surfing ebay everyday to document every wing car that comes around.  It ended at 20k last time and now they want 29k?  Do they think that many more bird clone buyers are gonna pop up and shell out the clams?  Or, i suppose they could have set the reserve at 20k and are hoping for 29k. :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

IowaCharger69

You know, I wasn't going to say anything until I actually won something, but I put one of the last bids in on this car, and I am kind of happy I didn't get it. Since you posted that Black one a few hours ago I have been especially glad!

BigBlockSam

QuoteIts nice to know we have you surfing ebay everyday to document every wing car that comes around 

:2thumbs: thanks Bro .

QuoteSince you posted that Black one a few hours ago I have been especially glad!

i'm happy for you . that black one has a 440 4 speed and the rear plug . plus correct nose but that black one steel needs alot of work. thats the fun part for me . the build . Rene

IowaCharger69

I also love body work. I just wish I was better. I have done several cars and my skills are slowly coming around. I don't really know if I am ready for a wing car, but noe is as good a time as any.

nascarxx29

Not a bad looking superbird clone
If it had been a 70 sport satellite from the start if would have the typical RR tailights with argent and chrome.Still has satellite taillights which require changing the length of the bulb sockets.Or replacing the rear tail light harness
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

71 Bee Man

S

Well, there's a car almost exaclty like that here in Australia and it's a clone. Everywhere it goes people flock to have a look at it.

No it's not genuine, but I figure it's probably only the people who have real ones that would get ticked off by that. I don't know what a clone like this would be worth, but I think that it's a damn fine alternative to a genuine one and for a huge amount less.

I get the impression that people here are dead against clone vehicles - why is that ?

Peter :2thumbs:
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

pettybird

Funny you should say that...  more than half of the regular posters here have clones/recreations/etc.  I think that they get picked apart so badly because a lot of builders here are trying for a much higher level of craftsmanship that these "here ya go" specials on Ebay.  It has more to do with picking apart the sellers than the cars, but a lot of the cars are half baked, at best.

But remember:  You Can Drive a Clone Like This!

daytonalo

Did Ray Charles build the nose ???Fits really nice !!! :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Or they're over opinionated jerkwads.  Your choice.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

71 Bee Man

Quote from: pettybird on November 27, 2007, 11:24:47 PM
Or they're over opinionated jerkwads.  Your choice.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Maybe that's a bit harsh. I hear that comment about "at least you can drive this car" a fair bit. In fact it's a big thing here in Australia with our own R/T Chargers. Australian R/T Chargers have reached unbelieveable prices (try over $200,000 - fact) and it's been the case for many years now that you just don't see them driven. Perhaps it's the insurance premiums required when they reach those incredible prices - I don't know.

Down here I get a lot of people saying to me "Surely you don't drive that all the time", and I've only got a 71 Superbee, which i must admit is pretty rare here. But I don't mind driving it - I love driving it in fact. To be honest this year we had our local All Chrysler day car show and this was the first year that we did not have one single Australian R/T Charger entered. Last year we were lucky to have 2. This has coincided with the huge dollars being asked for them so there simply must be a link there somewhere.

What I'm saying is, there probably is just cause to put in an add a reminder that these Clone cars look the part, and - unlike the huge dollar genuine ones - it's not a bigger risk to take them out whenever you feel like it.

Peter :2thumbs:
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :

pettybird

Well, I'm a group #3--cars have been in the family for decades.  We drive our unrestored (needing restored...) 'birds all over.  look for the 'abusing my flickr account' header further down the aero search page and see where we've gone with ours.  I can't stand the 'at least you can drive it' line.  If your car is nice, cool, insure it and drive it anyway.  If it's a beater, drive it like you stole it.  Our one 'bird saw around 5500 miles this summer.

WOW Aussie Chargers are expensive!  What's your exchange rate?  Hell if it's 2:1 that's still a damn expensive car. 

71 Bee Man

Quote from: pettybird on November 28, 2007, 01:31:51 AM
Well, I'm a group #3--cars have been in the family for decades.  We drive our unrestored (needing restored...) 'birds all over.  look for the 'abusing my flickr account' header further down the aero search page and see where we've gone with ours.  I can't stand the 'at least you can drive it' line.  If your car is nice, cool, insure it and drive it anyway.  If it's a beater, drive it like you stole it.  Our one 'bird saw around 5500 miles this summer.

WOW Aussie Chargers are expensive!  What's your exchange rate?  Hell if it's 2:1 that's still a damn expensive car. 

The exchange rate is about $1 Aust = 87 Cents US.

I'm not exaggerating about the cost of these cars either. Mind you, it is specific models which are commanding these prices. They are the R/T triple webbered cars. Must be numbers matching etc. I've been involved in Aussie Chryslers (we just call them all Chryslers here) for years and I'm stunned at what collector pieces they've become. Me....personally I'd prefer to spend the money on a Dodge R/T.

Yes....damned expensive cars. Would you believe there is actually one on the net at the moment with an asking price of $300,000 ? Not sure if he'll get it but it wouldn't surprise me. Prices have just gone crazy. Generally I reckon they go for (when you can find them) between $100,000 and $200,000 Aust.

Trust me......you guys have a great assortment of Mopars that I would have any day of the week.

I always suggest that people over there who are interested in buying an Australian R/T Charger do an EXTREME amount of research. Some guys think if it's got stripes and webbers then it's a rare R/T - not true. Just like you guys, it all depends on the numbers.

Peter

BigBlockSam

Quotethey get picked apart so badly because a lot of builders here are trying for a much higher level of craftsmanship   

:yesnod:

IowaCharger69

Sold for $26,000+ I think I would rather have a nice numbers matching non-wing car for that money now that I have had some time to put some real thought into it. I knwo I won't be able to pick up finished clones much cheaper than that so I guess I will have to build my own or go without.

BigBlockSam

if you build your own . you'll know what you got . there be no surprises. Rene

472 R/T SE

S

Shouldn't have to go too far, perhaps all you had to do was look out your window?  Familiar "S" in the answers'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-Petty-Blue-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43921QQihZ015QQitemZ250192352316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The70RT

Good catch 472. I was wondering myself whats up when he said  - whatever dude  :icon_smile_angry: and is a new member. He lied to us already  :rotz:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on December 01, 2007, 05:10:21 PM
Good catch 472. I was wondering myselfwas up when he said  - whatever dude  :icon_smile_angry: and is a new member. He lied to us already  :rotz:
wow sometime it amazes me what people try and pull off and then that little slip . 

Ghoste

So this time everyone is happy that Larry slagged the car?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2007, 12:37:37 PM
So this time everyone is happy that Larry slagged the car?

If you count one member as "everyone"?  And I don't know that you can even consider that?
Personally, I don't know how you come up with that?  Unless you're  :stirthepot: and are looking for a reaction.  :scratchchin:

As far as "S", I'm just calling it how I see it. 

Ghoste

Stirring the pot on the aero board?  Not me.  :angel:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2007, 01:54:00 PM
Stirring the pot on the aero board?  Not me.  :angel:
  why  we all need alittle excitement once in awhile  , personally I'm a profesional pot stirrer

BigBlockSam

Good catch 472 . i would have never seen that.  :2thumbs:

daytonalo

I will send you the Elvis belt !!! I was told I cant wear it anylonger  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

petercharger

I saw the car today..and it's junk...rusting out..bubbling paint...wing sagging..and looks like an earl schiewes paint job..i will paint any car for 29.95..on a good day the car would maybe be worth 4k..and I am being real..very disappointing that he states he does these for real..the guy's idea of superbird is more like junkabird...so don't even think about buying something until you see it..this one is a good example of pictures look better then the real thing.. :eek2:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

daytonalo

If I said that , I get jumped on by everybody . Thank you for taking heat off me !!

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on December 13, 2007, 01:08:21 AM
If I said that , I get jumped on by everybody . Thank you for taking heat off me !!

Yeah, but he didn't type it all in CAPS.    :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

The70RT

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 13, 2007, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: daytonalo on December 13, 2007, 01:08:21 AM

Yeah, but he didn't type it all in CAPS.    :D

And it wasn't one redone.........so what was there to nit pick on???
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

QuoteI saw the car today..and it's junk...rusting out..bubbling paint...wing sagging..and looks like an earl schiewes paint job..i will paint any car for 29.95..on a good day the car would maybe be worth 4k..and I am being real..very disappointing that he states he does these for real..the guy's idea of superbird is more like junkabird...so don't even think about buying something until you see it..this one is a good example of pictures look better then the real thing 

thanks for sharing what you saw  . i don't think he's bashing the car . he's telling you that the car is , in his opinion misrepresented on ebay . if you want to bid on it . first go look at it .  :2thumbs: