News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

950 proform HOLY CRAP what a diff!!

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 09, 2007, 06:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mick70RR

Duey, the Performer RPM is about an inch higher than stock. When I fitted it I had to weld a couple of one inch pieces in the stock cable bracket. Here's a picture, but I have since connected the cable one hole lower because I wasn't getting full throttle.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

firefighter3931

Hey Guys, Holley makes a mopar specific bracket that should be used with any 4150 style carb...this will make things much easier and eliminate a lot of headaches....the link has instructions too !  ;)

http://holley.com/20-7.asp

Sorry, i should have thought of this earlier  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mick70RR

I've seen those before Ron, maybe I should give one a try because the throttle feels a little too sensitive at the moment.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Duey

Thanks, Mick, Ron.  Nice welding, Mick, can barely see the extensions.  I think I should be good with the Street Dom...it's a pretty low-profile piece.

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mick70RR on January 03, 2008, 05:55:23 PM
I've seen those before Ron, maybe I should give one a try because the throttle feels a little too sensitive at the moment.

Ya Mick, go ahead and get one. These levers are specific to a Mopar throttle linkage assembly....designed to allow for full throttle when the pedal is on the mat.  :icon_smile_big:

Basicly it gives you the proper throttle "ratio" (for lack of a better term) when using a 4150 carb and a Mopar accelerater pedal/cable assembly.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 03, 2008, 05:41:32 PM
Hey Guys, Holley makes a mopar specific bracket that should be used with any 4150 style carb...this will make things much easier and eliminate a lot of headaches....the link has instructions too !  ;)

Ron

Thats actually what I used Ron ,I just didnt quite like the way it lined up,so i modified it a little. Now it works cherry!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Quote from: Duey on January 03, 2008, 06:03:25 PM
Thanks, Mick, Ron.  Nice welding, Mick, can barely see the extensions.  I think I should be good with the Street Dom...it's a pretty low-profile piece.

Cheers,
Duey

Hey Duey....good to see ya home !  :2thumbs:

We'll have to hook up sometime soon for a few cold ones !  :cheers:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 03, 2008, 06:09:27 PM

Ron

Thats actually what I used Ron ,I just didnt quite like the way it lined up,so i modified it a little. Now it works cherry!! :2thumbs:

Brian, i thought that you had used the 20-7 bracket but wasn't 100% sure.

Judging by your original report there's no doubt that you've got it dialed in just right  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 03, 2008, 06:16:38 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 03, 2008, 06:09:27 PM

Ron

Brian, i thought that you had used the 20-7 bracket but wasn't 100% sure.

Judging by your original report there's no doubt that you've got it dialed in just right  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

I wouldnt say its dialed in perfect but it runs REALLY well . Id love to see it DIALED in by someone like you who really knows whats going on!! EH HMM that would be you Ron! Planning any trips to Iowa this spring?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Duey

Ron, just ordered in the Holley 20-7 link, $10 at PartsSource -- and to think I was going to try and fab one...  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 03, 2008, 06:19:11 PM
I wouldnt say its dialed in perfect but it runs REALLY well . Id love to see it DIALED in by someone like you who really knows whats going on!! EH HMM that would be you Ron! Planning any trips to Iowa this spring?

Brian, i will be flying over  Iowa on the way down to Vegas this spring  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: Duey on January 05, 2008, 05:43:36 PM
Ron, just ordered in the Holley 20-7 link, $10 at PartsSource -- and to think I was going to try and fab one...  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers,
Duey

Now that's a deal !  :icon_smile_big:

Ten bucks barely buys 2 gallons of gas these days  :P

Ron