News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

950 proform HOLY CRAP what a diff!!

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 09, 2007, 06:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

well, today i installed my new proform 950 double pumper on my 505 440 based stroker and let me just say W O W!!! what a huge seat of the pants differance over the 800 avs it replaced . Ive done zero tung to it and it was AWESOME right out of the box!! .......ive always been a carter avs and then eddy avs thunder series fan and on a more stockish gine they are still probobly fine but for big inch high hp gines it douple pumpers all the way!!  :2thumbs: :D I JUST WANT TO GO DRIVE THE CHARGER ALL NIGHT LONG NOW!!!!........a HUGE thanks to Ron for suggesting it!!!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Cool, glad you like it Brian. :icon_smile_cool:  I knew you would.  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the feedback....eventually all BB Mopar engines will have double pumpers.... then the world will be a perfect place.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

kamkuda

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 09, 2007, 06:54:56 PM
Cool, glad you like it Brian. :icon_smile_cool:  I knew you would.  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the feedback....eventually all BB Mopar engines will have double pumpers.... then the world will be a perfect place.  ;)

Ron
LOL

And they look good too.

Glad to hear she is running well.   :cheers:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

morepower

yeah edelbrock are crap, a well tuned holley, demon compared toa  well tuned eddy at least 25hp from what ive seen.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

supserdave

All right, sounds like I need to come over and go for another ride! What's the going rate for one of there carbs?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: supserdave on November 12, 2007, 03:59:45 PM
All right, sounds like I need to come over and go for another ride! What's the going rate for one of there carbs?
:2thumbs: 575.00 with shipping
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparguy01

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 12, 2007, 05:59:00 PM
:2thumbs:575.00 with shipping

OUCH! Did they take you to dinner first?  :nana:

firefighter3931

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 12, 2007, 07:37:23 PM

OUCH! Did they take you to dinner first?  :nana:

Actually that's a very good price.  ;) The holley Ultra HP series 950 is just shy of $1000.00  :o

This is basicly the same carb....billet baseplate, billet metering blocks, downleg boosters, radiused venturies/high flow main body, adjustable idle & high speed bleeds. An excellent value for the money.  :yesnod:

If Brian ever goes wild with a camshaft swap he will have all the tunability needed to dial it in with this carb....and ya...it runs pretty freakin awesome right out of the box too.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

max

i have to agree that is a very good price on that carb.

Thanks for the feedback....eventually all BB Mopar engines will have double pumpers.... then the world will be a perfect place. 

Ron

:smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Steve P.

Looks like a damn nice carb to me...  I think they forgot to put a reserve price on it...  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Steve P. on November 14, 2007, 06:37:30 PM
Looks like a damn nice carb to me...  I think they forgot to put a reserve price on it...  ;)
:2thumbs: it was actually a buy it now price!! :2thumbs:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RECHRGD

I just picked up their new ported main body for the 750 Holley DP's to include in my upcoming head/cam upgrade.  Runner has one (the Holley made one) and really likes the results.  It's a nice looking unit except for the "MADE IN TAIWAN" label on the package! :flame: :brickwall:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 14, 2007, 07:46:56 PM
I just picked up their new ported main body for the 750 Holley DP's to include in my upcoming head/cam upgrade.  Runner has one (the Holley made one) and really likes the results.  It's a nice looking unit except for the "MADE IN TAIWAN" label on the package! :flame: :brickwall:  Bob

Bob, the PF mainbody is an excellent piece....your motor will luv it. I have the same one on mine and it made better power than a Holley 850dp'er and was only down a few hp from a Holley 950 dp HP series race carb when we had it on the dyno. The throttle response is very crisp with that carb.  :2thumbs:

Ron

Steve P.

Hey Ron, were the 2 carbs right out of the box??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on November 14, 2007, 10:27:59 PM
Hey Ron, were the 2 carbs right out of the box??

Steve, the 850 dper was jetted for the correct a/f ratio and so was the 950hp...so no (not stock)... they were optimized for the combo. The Proform 750 DP'er was also rejetted and some air bleed swaps were done to dial it in. The reworked PF 750 flows 830 cfm.  :2thumbs:

Ron

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RECHRGD

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 14, 2007, 10:00:57 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on November 14, 2007, 07:46:56 PM

Bob, the PF mainbody is an excellent piece....your motor will luv it. I have the same one on mine and it made better power than a Holley 850dp'er and was only down a few hp from a Holley 950 dp HP series race carb when we had it on the dyno. The throttle response is very crisp with that carb. :2thumbs:

Ron

WOW! Good news Ron.  My work bench is starting to fil up with parts that I've been ordering.  Once Dwayne is through with the heads and they're in my shop, it'll be time to boogy! :yesnod: :yesnod:
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 14, 2007, 11:07:41 PM

Once Dwayne is through with the heads and they're in my shop, it'll be time to boogy! :yesnod: :yesnod:

Bob >  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: ....  :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have the proForm main body on my 750 vac secondary
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Got my Fabulous Fabrications Lines yesterday and took a pic of them before I put em on but the lighting at home in my garage is not good at all so I didnt get any of them installed but the pic I did get has his address so If anyone else wants some there ya go!

firefighter3931

Those look pretty stealth...sneaky !  >:D  You're running a stock air cleaner too...aren't you ?  :naughty:

Brian, when it's all buttoned up post a few pics of the engine bay  ;)

Ron

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T