News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Georgia Folks

Started by Hot_Rodder, November 15, 2007, 01:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Rodder

I've asked this question at some point, but can no longer seem to be able to find the thread, out of all the sites that I'm at, I can't find it.... So here it is again. Who should I go to here in Ga for machine work and such? There's a couple of places here in Albany that I know about, but one of them I've been told that there work has gone down hill..... :rotz: As for the rest of them,  :shruggy:. I remember a place up in Atlanta being mentioned (of course, it's on the other side of the state), and a place in Macon (I think someone had mentioned that it used to be the main Dodge motor shop back in the day). I can' probably rebuild the motor myself, but being a stroker, I've never built one before, this will be my first stroker build, but not my first motor build. I know the block will need to be line honed b/c I'm going to at least go to main studs, and am concidering aluminum main caps from somewhere like BMR. On the other hand, I don't see the need what so ever in using a main girdle kit like they have on this motor. There want be NOX, nor forced induction, plus a lower comp ratio for use with pump gas, so.... Also, it should be in the 500 plus range, hopefully more like 550 or so, with a good amount of torque. So, suggestions? I'm not going to ask about pricing b/c each shop is different, but I think it was said something like $150 - $250 on a line hone. The block I'm going to use has supposedly been rebuilt (the motor that is), but the previous owner can't, for some reason, remember what all was done to it :slap: ::) :eek2:. He said that the motor was more or less rebuilt to factory spec's on the bottom end, and he had to replace the heads due to stuck exhuast manifold that they had to cut off, and ruined the heads, the motor now has 452 heads, which I'm not going to use.... Anyway, same guy who I got my '72 Charger from which this motor is going in. Anyway, I'll hush for now.