News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please take a lot at these brackets, Are they for a 69 440 A/C setup?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 16, 2007, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I think I finally found the brackts for my 69 440 charger engine to hold the A/C pump.  I have no idea what the correct brackets are?  Do these look familar to anyone as the correct brackets for a 69 440 engine with the waterpump  Inlet on the driver side?  Thanks.  Oh oh, I just realized, Chris is gonna move this over to engine section.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Thats what I wanna hear, kinda.  What's the difference between 68/69?  Please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 16, 2007, 07:32:32 PM

they are totally differant , the 69 set-up doesnt have the cast iron part and the 69 ones are stamped steel and just not the same at all.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 07:38:28 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 16, 2007, 07:32:32 PM

they are totally differant , the 69 set-up doesnt have the cast iron part and the 69 ones are stamped steel and just not the same at all.
Thanks, thats a start.  There's a set on ebay under Mopar brackets, but for 73 were the pump inlet is on the pass side.  Here's a super site for the info, even though I still don't know what the parts look like.   http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/bb/56.html

Charger-Bodie

heres a link for some on egay  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-74-Cuda-Challenger-A-C-Compressor-Bracket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34197QQihZ008QQitemZ180179830250QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW   this is not complete but it does look like front and rear brackets are there but there should be a pipe looking brace that goes from the compressor head to the intake manifold.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 07:43:11 PM
heres a link for some on egay  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-74-Cuda-Challenger-A-C-Compressor-Bracket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34197QQihZ008QQitemZ180179830250QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
See, this is what I mean.  Is that exact for the Charger?  Here's one I bought at a swap meet off a73 ish barracuda he thought?  And here's a pic of the one that came with the Charger, I'm sure is wrong, because there should be no idler arm for the pump, the alt is the belt tightner.   And that 7" pulley is wrong, I think I see the smaller 5" on the cars of that year.  Will my service book have this stuff wen I get it?

Charger-Bodie

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 07:49:01 PM
that looks small blockish to me.
You be right, I forgot about that, stupid, stupid me, it was a 340.  What a retard. ( past joke)

Charger-Bodie

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 07:57:49 PM
did you check out the ebay link?
Yes, look down about 4 links, I'm worried that how do I know it would be "correct" for my car.  Last thing I want is to buy brackets all over the place, get them powder coated, go to a show later on and here" you know, those are the wrong A/C pump brackets for your car".  Thats why I'm trying to get exact" these are them" shots from someone.  I will write him though, thanks for doing that.

Charger-Bodie

FYI the alternator is how you tighten the a/c belt on a 69 , the idler you speak of is for tightening the fan belt. EDIT sorry i just repeated what you said I read youre post wrong the first time.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 08:17:48 PM
FYI the alternator is how you tighten the a/c belt on a 69 , the idler you speak of is for tightening the fan belt.
I got ya, why did I say it different?  I bought the pump idler on ebay this week.  I need the A/C on so it looks nice (could care less if it works)  and to run the AlT.  I've been sent some great shots of the works.  I JUST NEED THE CORRECT BRACKETS.  Sorry this is getting to me.   Here's the 73 brackets, but moparts says they would be wrong.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190173427553#ebayphotohosting

Charger-Bodie

the brackets in the ebay link you just posted are deffinately wrong for a 69 no doubt about it !! Ill tell ya what i know someone who will most like have a set and he WILL sell you the right thing, try Jeff Bobst 319 352 2511 let me know what he says!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 08:33:50 PM
the brackets in the ebay link you just posted are deffinately wrong for a 69 no doubt about it !! Ill tell ya what i know someone who will most like have a set and he WILL sell you the right thing, try Jeff Bobst 319 352 2511 let me know what he says!
WoW, thank you so much. that is great, will do. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

the brackets in the ebay link you just posted are definitely wrong for a 69 no doubt about it !! Ill tell ya what i know someone who will most like have a set and he WILL sell you the right thing, try Jeff Bobst 319 352 2511 let me know what he says!
Thanks, I gave him a call , and he thinks he has a set in the garage and also I'm asking for correct hoses while I'm at it.  I'm emailing him now, and he'll take pictures and get back to me.  Thank you so much, one more thing behind me I hope.  I can say this, when this is over and I open the hood to a correct looking Restoration, it's gonna be a great feeling of accomplishment.  Thanks, again.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 16, 2007, 08:56:04 PM
the brackets in the ebay link you just posted are definitely wrong for a 69 no doubt about it !! Ill tell ya what i know someone who will most like have a set and he WILL sell you the right thing, try Jeff Bobst 319 352 2511 let me know what he says!
Thanks, I gave him a call , and he thinks he has a set in the garage and also I'm asking for correct hoses while I'm at it.  I'm emailing him now, and he'll take pictures and get back to me.  Thank you so much, one more thing behind me I hope.  I can say this, when this is over and I open the hood to a correct looking Restoration, it's gonna be a great feeling of accomplishment.  Thanks, again.

I hope he comes thru for ya hes a good guy and has a TON of used well organized mopar parts. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 09:08:37 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 16, 2007, 08:56:04 PM

I hope he comes thru for ya hes a good guy and has a TON of used well organized mopar parts. :2thumbs:
Finally pics of what 69 charger A/C brackets and pump should look like.  Thanks for your help Brian.