News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slotted mags

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 19, 2007, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

How much does a set of em cost now-a-days? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Depends on size, bolt pattern, backspacing, condition, etc.

Try all of these searches on Ebay:

slot mag
slotted mag
aluminum slot
aluminum slotted
mag slot
mag slotted
slotted wheel
mag wheel
ET mag
ET slot
ET wheel
Ansen mag
Ansen slot
Ansen wheel
Fenton slot
Fenton mag
Fenton wheel

Slots are the best!

bill440rt

I have a pair of 14"s I'll be selling very soon. They have Kelly Charger radials mounted on them, been stored in my parent's basement since the late '80's. Nice vintage set.
Interested? Offers?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerboy69

I have a very nice set I am selling too.

Mine I was told were from 1970. The original owner of my car told me he bought them for my car then.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Couga

I have a set of american racing ones. Not sure how old they are but I bought new centercaps for them- still in the packages.
They are 14x8's and will be selling them soon to buy some parts for the Bee.

hutch

I picked a set of 15 inch on cregslist for 150 about a year ago.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

troy.70R/T

Hello If anyone finds a set of 15X8.5 slot I would really appreciate an email, Thanks Troy. Also I have some 14X7 and 14 X6 amd 14X10 and I think some 14X4 slots that I am going to sell but not untill I find the 15X 8.5 to replace them with.

C_stripes

If you look in the right places, you can pick them up cheap. I picked up a set of 4 15x8 Craiger slots for free.  No center caps. But not in bad condish. Keep your eyes open and you can find them.   Are you wanting them for your Duster Cody?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on December 07, 2008, 07:30:56 PM
Are you wanting them for your Duster Cody?

This was back in November 2007 when I was still undecided about wheels and the colour for my Charger. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

Well holy sh*t. it was.  hehe
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

A383Wing

Still got the same set on the black 66 when we bought 'em back in '75......got the car in '74

Ghoste

Slotted wheels seem to be enjoying a bit of a renaissance, maybe someone needs to make them again but in a larger size choice?

troy.70R/T

I am sure they will just as soon as I spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours looking for and polishing some old ones up. :brickwall: :RantExplode:

Ghoste

Murphy gives no exemptions for car lovers.

troy.70R/T

I think he especially gives no exceptions to car lovers.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2008, 08:56:21 PM
Slotted wheels seem to be enjoying a bit of a renaissance, maybe someone needs to make them again but in a larger size choice?

Fronts are 14x6, rears are 15x10 I think.....in my pic above

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2008, 08:56:21 PM
American racing is making some of these in 15" & 17" sizes. :)
http://www.americanracing.com/browse_vintage.asp

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

troy.70R/T

I would love to buy a set if they did not have the extra lip around the slot. why can't they just leave well enough alone.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: troy.70R/T on December 08, 2008, 07:25:48 PM
I would love to buy a set if they did not have the extra lip around the slot. why can't they just leave well enough alone.

I agree, but I wonder if they machined that chamfer around the slot to reduce/eliminate stress cracks from happening.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

don't mind the lip , but not deep enough dish for me  :rotz:
think the SLT slots look better  :yesnod: :Twocents:
can't find a picture of them   on a car !!  any one know who actually makes SLT s... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

troy.70R/T

A company called wheel tech makes the SLT. I have been told you can buy them through sears. I like the SLT better but hate where the valve stem comes out.   

terrible one

Troy,

I haven't heard from you in a bit! What ever happened with those 15x10's?

No worries though man, I'm ready to go now! Hit me up though man, I have a lead on some 15x8's locally if you're interested?

tan top

Quote from: troy.70R/T on December 08, 2008, 09:26:33 PM
A company called wheel tech makes the SLT. I have been told you can buy them through sears. I like the SLT better but hate where the valve stem comes out.   

thanks Troy  :cheers:  ..yeah  don't look right on slots the valve coming out on the front  :rotz: ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

troy.70R/T

terriable one. I still have them, actually I have two sets of 15X10.0 but I want to keep one set and the other set I want to have in case I have to trade for some 15X8.5 I am including some pictures of them and what I am looking for in a set of 15X8.5 rims. I hope I can up load all of them. the first 15X10 has 3-1/4 back spacing the second set has 3-7/16 back spacing. the next pic is of the 15X8.5 that I have is has 3-3/8 back spacing. the last pic is a slot with a 4.75 bolt pattern but I like the little bit more material at the bottom of the slot (about 3/8 inch) where as my 15X8.5 only have about 1/16 inch. the first 15X 10 is an Ansen Sprint the second is a Western Wheel  and my 15X8.5 have no name on them. and the chevy one is an Ansen sprint. So let me know if the wheels you know of locally are what I am looking for.

Red Ram

My memory of those wheels that they were almost exclusively used on customized vans? They look much cooler now.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Ghoste

I think the van craze was the death knell for them.  It's nice to see them coming back.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

AKcharger

I want a set for my '72, I think they just "belong" on 3rd Gens. If anyone has any for sale PM me. (we better be careful or this will get move to the "for sale area")  :coolgleamA:

troy.70R/T

I hardly ever see slots on cars at car shows. In fact the only ones I have seen were on a Superbird at a Kansas City car show this last summer and they were uni-lugs. by the way a set of slots would also look great on that Bronze charger AKCharger. :yesnod: :drool5:

SeattleCharger

Slot mags are the best!      :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

:2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

found another I photographed off of movie spy hard off tv,  bad azz stance

superbirdtom

there are other brands out there.keep looking, lucky me has a set of ansens on my 70 bee from 1970 :yesnod: the center caps say ansen sprint on them the rears are 10 inches wide and look great! :cheers:

troy.70R/T

Finally found myself another set of slots 15X8.5 Found them on craigs list for $100.00 each. The guy bought them 12 years ago and the did not fit his 57 Chevy with a Ford rear end. He said that the rear end was narrowed to much. They came in there origional boxes too.

Charger_Fan

Holy crapolee, you scored!! :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 31, 2008, 04:26:06 PM
Holy crapolee, you scored!! :o

Hell ya!    those are real nice,  8.5 looks the best IMO, and with a 295/50/15 almost looks like drag/tub deal,  235/60 front 
  already shiny too  :2thumbs:  as they oxidize over time, bring back shine with Mother's aluminum wheel polish,  brushed aluminum rims are the best,  little labor required, gotta do my bronco rims once a year to keep them shiny/ unoxidized    although they aren't slots, same material though,

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

troy.70R/T

thanks I thought it was a great score too. The guy also had some uni-lug E/T that were in great shape some 15X8.5 and some 14X7 or 6 I think. He wanted $60.00 a pieace for the 15x8.5s so I did not but them
also the slotted part is a little bit diffrent shape that I did not like. I also have a lead on some more just hope I can get them

AKcharger

Amercian is making them again, $180 a piece...at least that's the price up here

troy.70R/T

hey AKcharger can you post a link I looked on there wbsite the other day but all I see avaliable is the Ansen Sprint slot with the extra milling around the slot. Are these the ones you are talking about?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

troy.70R/T

Thats what I thought and i just can't get over that extra milling on the slot part. I would rather have the valve stem sticking out in the WRONG place like the SLT    slots from Wheel Tech I just with I knew someone at Wheel tech ( a machinist)so I could have him get me some slot with out even any valve stem hole in them. Then I cold just take them to work and drill the valve stem hole myself

mikepmcs

I actually don't like them at all, old school or new school slots.  That 1st generation Charger pictured in this thread really pulls em off great though. Also, TO did a real nice job polishing his up to look more than presentable. :2thumbs:

My old boss has about 15 slots that i put up in storage in the body shop he owns.  Not 2 of them go together.  What do you expect from a Chevy guy. :slap:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Lord Warlock

I hear mention of ET Uni-lugs, any particular reason why that name comes up? Mine has a set of 15x6.5's all around, I always wanted wider rears but probably won't get them as they wouldn't match up as well.  Does anyone sell the uni-lug pieces? i'm missing one and a few others look rusty in spots. 

I always preferred the magnum 500s, but the car had slots on them when i got it, and 31 years later are still there, so may as well polish them up till i can save for new 17 inch magnums.  May take another 5 years at my pace... 

I do have a 15x10 magnesium rim, i'd love to find a match for that one, weighs half what the aluminum slot does.  Got it as a spare when i got the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

71bigblock

And why do I find a deal like this, and its in the wrong bolt pattern?   :slap:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/972032447.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/984389754.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/976402990.html

Ok, and when they say unilug, can someone please explain that to me?  What bolt pattern will something like that fit, and what does it use for lug nuts?  Those last ones look pretty good.
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

Ghoste

Unilug use the same wheel nuts and it fits a variety of bolt patterns.  Essentially, the rim has slotted bolt holes in it and then a "spider" goes between the back of the rim and your hub.  The spider is the part that is unique to your bolt pattern and keeps the rim from moving around.  This helps the wheel company avoid having to make a whole bunch of different bolt pattern rims and just supply the cheap spiders to make them fit.  It's kind of hard to explain it (for me anyway) in a way that makes sense but if you saw one, what I'm trying to say becomes prety obvious.

71bigblock

Ahhh, now I get it.  Thanks for the explanation.   :cheers:
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

Lord Warlock

on my uni-lugs, there is a oval shaped plug that goes in where the wheel studs fit through, the plugs can be turned around and change the spacing which would allow it to fit on multiple vehicles.  I'd take a picture but i left my camera at my folks house last week.  I may pick up a new one tomorrow.  These plug type things tend to get scratched up a bit and rust.  I could use a few nice replacements.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

troy.70R/T

I bought some uni-lug washers at Advance auto the other day so I know they have them.

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

Impulse bought a set of Ansen Sprints for an extra set of wheels, price was right but I need to find the inserts. Guess if the inserts are not available I have a really nice set for a Chevy wheels to give to a friend :smilielol: :smilielol: :'(    Not completely sure of the sizes but I think 6-7" fronts and 8" back.  I like the lip edge detail near the tire has a nice smooth look compared to others or the new ones and I also like the color.  Anyone have these in a pair of 15"x10"s?

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

XS29LA47V21

OK, so I learned my lesson (again) research completely prior to buying, thought I would gabble a little, although I do have one token GM Gbody which these would fit they would look really goofy.  Looks like I have really cool shop art (to store somewhere). 

Options locally found
-Local custom wheel place in business plus 25yrs including selling vintage stuff indicated no way will you find those inserts, just run the eccentric washer with no insert in it (I am not interested in that plan)
-CNC/mil some new ones at $80/hr shop rate which could build them if I wanted (anticipated two days..or)
- find guru wheeler to fill holes, drill new holes and mill back hub face (back to that 80/hr shop rate)
- Looks like my option...priceless shop art & takes up space.. :smilielol:  :-\

terrible one

I would check with AKH wheels, they specialize in vintage mags like the slots and check it out I think I found them on their website here: http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/showMisc.php?pk=96

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: terrible one on July 09, 2012, 06:31:07 PM
I would check with AKH wheels, they specialize in vintage mags like the slots and check it out I think I found them on their website here: http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/showMisc.php?pk=96

:o  honestly I had given up already, as my dad once said you are a hero of the soviet union (which does not exist anymore).

If they wind up having the correct ones I will clearly owe you a dinner someday....  Thank you.

terrible one

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on July 10, 2012, 07:57:10 AM
Quote from: terrible one on July 09, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

:o  honestly I had given up already, as my dad once said you are a hero of the soviet union (which does not exist anymore).

If they wind up having the correct ones I will clearly owe you a dinner someday....  Thank you.

:cheers: Glad to help! You'll have to report back if they have the right ones. I would have chimed in sooner but missed your first posts on the subject, not much free time lately. Good luck! :2thumbs:

randy73

Quote from: troy.70R/T on December 07, 2008, 07:22:00 PM
Hello If anyone finds a set of 15X8.5 slot I would really appreciate an email, Thanks Troy. Also I have some 14X7 and 14 X6 amd 14X10 and I think some 14X4 slots that I am going to sell but not untill I find the 15X 8.5 to replace them with.

:patrol: - hijack in progress

XS29LA47V21

If they wind up having the correct ones I will clearly owe you a dinner someday....  Thank you.
[/quote]

:cheers: Glad to help! You'll have to report back if they have the right ones. I would have chimed in sooner but missed your first posts on the subject, not much free time lately. Good luck! :2thumbs:
[/quote]

You da man, they have some and you never had to sell yours to me, so it all worked out. :lol: :lol:  

Got another set of shoes  :2thumbs:    (A/P Torque thrust, mag500s, steely's w/dogs, cop wheels w/ dogs and know slots...man I am feeling old and nostalgic :icon_smile_big:)

Proposition Terrible one...buy you dinner/lunch at El Darado (fri/sat)

terrible one

Success! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: I'm glad to hear they had them. Now you can have yet another set of vintage shoes, gotta be cool to switch from one set to another every once in a while. And yes lol now I can keep mine  :P Man I sure do appreciate the offer; dinner at El Dorado would be too cool, but I've moved from Kansas so it would have to be El Dorado Arkansas instead  :lol: