News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wilwood brakes

Started by flyinlow, June 30, 2012, 12:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

The big rotor fit real well.  :coolgleamA:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Supercharged Riot

Patronus. Thanks for the pictures!!
Bill440rt. Hanks for the reply.

Do any of you two have an issue about the lack of a dust shield on the rotors?
I dont know of its a big deal to have one of those or not.

bill440rt

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on July 14, 2012, 10:40:54 AM
Patronus. Thanks for the pictures!!
Bill440rt. Hanks for the reply.

Do any of you two have an issue about the lack of a dust shield on the rotors?
I dont know of its a big deal to have one of those or not.

I don't have an issue with it. I wipe stuff down under there from time to time, so far it gets a little dirty but nothing uncontrollable. It hasn't been noticeably worse than my others that have the shields.
I've also noticed the amount of dust has gotten less now that the pads are fully broken in.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FLG

Fyi run no dust shields on my track car...brakes run noticeably cooler but might want to cover your ball joints with heat resistant tape... heats em up with no shield

Patronus

I would also like to add one of the braided lines required special for Wilwood brakes is cracked and leaks. (non-auto-parts-store-available) She will be in the air till Tues.... :icon_smile_dissapprove:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bill440rt

I should add that one of my two-piece bleeders was leaking. I ordered a replacement from Summit just to get it faster.
Also, one of my rear calipers had a leak, leaked for 3 days straight. Left a small puddle on the floor. Turns out it was just assembly lube. I was like, "Jeez, how much assembly lube did they use to put this thing together??"  :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce