News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10-02-05 Car Show PICs and it is official I have a Romping Stomping 440

Started by cudaken, October 01, 2005, 06:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Well it is official my 69 Charger lives again. As some of the old site know my Charger should have never been saved. Bought her a round 1988 and R/T stand's for Rusted / Trash. Saved her and she looked good. 2-24-1995 she broke in half from rust, and I mean broke in half. Only reason she was saved is the person that I was trying to sell her to offred me a whole $500.00 and told me "Ken, you and I know you will never fix this car so when your are tired of it laying in the drive way call me and I will drag it off".

Then there was the ill fated Daytona Clone she was close to becoming. Next was the 42sick, rare 2 stroke 426 I had in her. Ran great but used a quart of oil every 75 miles? :flame: Then I found E-bay and rest is Cuda Ken History for better or worst.

People like Neil and Ron know what the hell I have been thur with this 440. Machine shop dropped the ball and 440 was .030 below blue printed deck height. Had the block double checked by the guy that did my heads, he also dropped the ball. Had it rebulit yet again (number 3 and never started) and seem's Rick got it right so far. Saw a few things I did not like, if or when I do another Mopar I will do it or have Neil do it.

Then there was the cheap headers, broken engine mount thanks to me, repair of the mount, mini starter acting goofie and the list go on. At one point I was ready to sell the whole F--king mess.

Well I keep going on and finlay got thru the bugs. Drove her today and I am a happy man.

Little details on my 69 Charger Rusted / Trash.
2.76 sure grip
727 with 400 Police Converter with counter weight knocked off
74 440 .030 over
Speed Pro L2266F pistons
Plasma Chrome Molly Rings, cut to fit yet
Polished and shot peened YL or is it LY rods
69 steel crank perfect 10 10
If APR Made It it's in my block inc main studs
Reed blower Cam (there is a clue)
MP Chain and cam was at 1 dregee
346 heads
2.10 Mainly stain less steel intake valves
1.88 Ferra stain less steel exhust valves
All new seats
All new steel guides
MP springs
MP HP rocker arm's (thanks DFS68 and sorry about your Rollers Rockers)
All clevit (spell check) bearings
9 quart pan, not that is a oil change.

Well the list could keep going but you get the idea. 440 is being boken in with a stock 72 440 intake and 750 holley. Funny when you look at the PIC, you can not see the money but it is there. With out looking at all the recpits and doing the spread sheet the all most stock looking 440 has some where near $7000.00 in side of her.

Today is the first day I drove her being close to a good tune. Right now I feel vindicated. Remeber has a stock intake and a blower cam with out a blower, just a 750 Holley. Will plant you back pretty good with the 2.76 gears at 1/2 thottle.

41 Husk dropped by and helped me installed the hood for now, flat hood and no hole for the Blower. Had Allen drive it and said thottle seems a little stiff and need to push a little to feel the power. He is right but all so pointed out he has a 3.23 and I have a 2.76 rear end.

After Allen went home I took her around the block again. Stopped by to blow Vines some shit about bring his Vet out for a lesson manners. Said no thanks, what about I bring out the bike? OK, I will go home and throw on the Supercharger. Said no thanks again ;D

When I left his house I got a little frogie. Gave some peadel and ripped the tires. Stopped her and power her a little, 25 feet of rubber. Nices they just laied down new black top where I live, need to break it in.

Few PIC of my junk. Air cleaner if off my Road Runner but need to seal the carb. Boy the freash air air cleaner is worth 75 Visual HP.

Happy man, Cuda Ken

I am back

LeeBoy

Congrats! Looks good Ken I can't wait to see the blower back on! ;D
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

cudaken

I am back

cudaken

I am back

Charger1970

Holy cow Ken. I know you have got to be on cloud nine about now. The red bumper looks surprisingly good on there, too. Be sure and post some pics after the blower is back on.  :cheers:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

TruckDriver

Congrads Ken!!!  :cheers: Ever since I join this great group almost 2 years ago on the old board, I remember you having problems with the car. It's great to see you finnally got the big pay off!!!!!!!

Now I just have to get mine running ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparYoungGun

Congrats Ken :cheers: ! I'm glad to hear you finally got the bugs worked out!

RECHRGD

Looking good Ken! :o  It's about damn time!!!!!!!!   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

69bananabeast

Looking good , glad to hear things are starting to go your way ken
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Charger_Fan

Glad to hear it's alive again, Ken! You need this bit of good news these days. :thumbs:

Hey, if you redo your rump stripe, you should have the sides say R/T like they do & make the part of the stripe that goes across the tunk lid spell out Rusted / Trash. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AirborneSilva

sounds like you had struggle but she sure is perdy  :icon_smile_big:  now I'm sure it feels all worth it, I only hope I can do mine near the justice you did yours

CB

I followed your 'way of the Cross' but I am happy now hearingeverything is comming together. :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

cudaken

Thanks guy's, yes it been quite the jounary to bring her back to the living. Thank's it is time for a road trip. 41 husk is going to a car show Sunday. Little bit of a haul, seem's like it was 45 minutes all interstate when I went last year. Guess that is one way to get a 100 miles on her. ;D

Need to throw together a road side tool kite.

Cuda Ken           
I am back

Ghoste

Way to go Ken.  It's almost been like a movie script hasn't it?  The Trials of Cuda Ken.

73rallye440magnum

CONGRATULATIONS CUDA KEN! we've all seen your frustration, we are happy for you. way to go.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

General_01

That's great Ken. Glad to hear the motor is OK and you got to do a little romping around. Can't wait until you get the blower on it so you can tell us how far back in the seat that puts you. ;D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

cudaken

Went to the car show and glad I did. I was a little uneasy about thing's this moring. Over cast and where calling for showers later in the day. I have bot intalled the wiper motor, my stock 2 speed will not clear the blower. 3 speed I have,  I will be posting about that later. All most talked my self out of going at the gas station looking at the clouds. Went in the driver to buy gas for the Charger, her gauge, well I had to walk and push before. ;)

Got home and started her up. Humm, seem's like she was missing a little. Almost talked my self out of going again. Drover her around the block a few times amd miss went a way. Have about 50 minutes of run time on her and only driven maybe 2 miles. Hoped straching her legs would clean up the plugs.

41 Husk came by and off we went to les house to pick him and is 73 Cuda up. 41 Husk was in front and I was say 40 feet behinde going through left hand turn at 30 MPH. Lady in a mini van stoped at the stop sign as 41 Husk went by then pulled OUT IN FRONT OF ME! Had to lock up the brake's and slid her to the left to keep from hitting her!!! She rolled down her window and said "I am sorry". I wavied and smiled and thought to my self "another 5 feet you would have been $30,000.00 worth of sorry"! :icon_smile_big: 41 Husk said she was busy looking at his Charger. ;)

Well I made to to Les house with no dents then off to the interstate we went. 440 feels good but just a little odd. You can feel a small virbation, when I was at Les house I had to back the Charger up so he could get out of the driveway and it went away in reverse. Driver side motor mout has been modified and think that it. Has 2 garde 8 bolts thruough the rubber part of the mount.

Trip on the interstate was sort of uneventful. Les took a wrong turn and we had to making a U-turn to get back on the interstate. I was feeling a little DOH, cut the wheel and dropped the hammer and spoon her around. Was not tilll I was at the show that 41 Husk said you broke your wheel doing the power slid. Oh well, the wheel did not fall off and that is the main thing.

Had fun at the show and took some PIC of the Mopar's. Les, 41 Husk and myself took second in are class's and so did a 70 Road Runner.

Lady giveing away the award's could not get Mopar names right! Les took second with is 73 Pontiac Cuda? There where other's she messed up as well. She did not say what kind of car I had but messed up my name? Go figurer.

Nothing feel off, blew up or burned on the way home so I am still a happy man. Have 85 miles on the 440.

Few PIC of my junk and other to follow.

Cuda Ken

I am back

cudaken

Some PIC of my Junk
I am back

cudaken

Some PIC of 41 Husk 68 Charger. Had a more than a few people tell me "that is a great looking Charger you have". Told the it on looks like a great Charger, then pointed at 41 Husk's and said "that is a great Charger, far less rust than what mine had".

Allen's 68 383 HP Charger.
I am back

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

cudaken

I met Les last year and liked his Pontica Cuda then ;) What did not know till today it is a survivor, only the right 1/4 was painted and the bick shock is the they are the OEM seats.
I am back

cudaken

Saw this last year at the same show. When you look at the close up PIC you will understand. Paint and body is great and it is a Ram Air Runner as well. But look at the PIC close, something's should be left as they where made. Good people and fun to talk with.
I am back

cudaken

Good looking 66 Charger. Hum, seem his was done backwards. Told it was a 383 or should that not be a 361 Charger that has a 318 now? Older gentleman and I asked him "can you go on line" said the Charger is not for sell. Told him I like you have you join are site. Told me again my Charger is not for sell? I don't think he figured out what I was trying to tell him and all I was drinking was water. ;D

Some PIC of his 66 Charger
I am back