News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tranny rebuild kit 727

Started by 69chargerdad, July 25, 2005, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerdad

Frist thing  THANK  YOU  TROY  AND ALL THE OTHER GUY'S FOR THIS NEW BOARD .   my son and i are going to rebuild the trans and where going to get the a727 porformance kit from mopar performance.  cost is $ 146.00    the car is a 69 charger rt  440 with about 500 hp.   It's a number matching car for the street.  question 1   is the kit good enough for 500 hp ?    2   does the kit come with everything ?      3    if not , what else will we need ?      thanks guy's    Ken      I'll post some pics  when my son comes home tonight and shows me how to do it.

RD

the kit is more than good enuff for 500 hp.  I am not familiar with the inventory of the kit, but most of them do not come with the reverse band.  Make sure your kit is correct for your year of transmission.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

John_Kunkel

For the money, I'm not impressed with the MP kits. You can get better quality parts for less money from Makco:

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=2&Category_Code=A727

The best parts aren't going to perform their best without a good reprogramming kit, the TransGo TF-2 is the best bang for the buck.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69chargerdad

Transmission Experts Please Help!!!
Thanks John for helping but after looking through bulkpart.com we are now thoroughly confused. Below we have a couple of questions and below that is a list of parts we put together to the best of our knowledge.

What else do I need or don’t I need to rebuild our 727?
Does anyone know what bands we will need?
Do we need to purchase an output shaft bearing?

The basics of every rebuild should be:

Master Kit- - - - - - -HP54005R-$91.00

Filter- - - - - - - - - - 22006- - - - -$5.50

Bands?     

Bushing kit- - - - - -22030- - - -$14.46

Washer kit- - - - - - 22200A- - $15.60

Modulator- - - - - - -N/A

Technical manual- -N/A

Replace as needed
Sprag- - - - - - - - - - - - - -N/A
Bearing kit- - - - - - - - - - -N/A?
Solenoids and switches- -12410-$10.97
Hard parts as needed- - - -N/A
Torque converter- - - - - - N/A

Upgrade as needed / wanted
Shift kits or reprogramming kit- -T22171 transgo TF2- -$54.49
Pump kits servo kits- - - - - - - - - N/A
Updated planets as available- - -  N/A

Total cost w/out bands and reprogramming kit- - -$137.53
Total cost w/out bands but w/ reprogramming kit -$192.02

Ghoste

Get a rebuild kit from Mancini.  Tell them your application and they have the stuff you'll need.

John_Kunkel

In regard to the Makco list, the Raybestos flex band is a good choice; rigid bands are getting harder to find.

The #12410 switch isn't a normal rebuild part, replace only if missing/damaged.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Silver R/T

just got my tf-2 kit, after trans is rebuilt ill post review
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722