News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F6 Daytona,,Its back!!

Started by y3chargerrt, December 03, 2007, 07:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

This car has been brought up numerous times in the past, most recently after it was brought to both Carlisle & the 'Nats with a +/- $140k pricetag.

It will be interesting to see what this one goes for.  I don't see mention made of all the NOS parts that WERE part of the package deal for the car when it was offered before.  That might be part of the reason they're selling it at no reserve?   :shruggy:

:popcrn:

hemigeno

Oh, and just to make sure it's portrayed correctly, this is NOT the "Flood Daytona" from Enid, Oklahoma...

moparstuart

wow  no reserve  he's serious this time,  shall we take guesses on this one ?    100 k ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Depends on whether or not the parts are included as Geno mentioned.  Without them, my guess is 58k. (hey, someone has to establish the lower limit  :nana:)

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2007, 10:50:21 AM
Depends on whether or not the parts are included as Geno mentioned.  Without them, my guess is 58k. (hey, someone has to establish the lower limit  :nana:)
yeah i was just going high because daytona are so hard and rarer to find , and that car is really still solid

PocketThunder

I wonder if Troy (the other Troy) or Danny are already on the case  :icon_smile_tongue:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 03, 2007, 11:26:54 AM
I wonder if Troy (the other Troy) or Danny are already on the case  :icon_smile_tongue:
yeah troy have you offered a trade yet  ???????????????????????  or the house keeping you too busy / hemi car resto ?

69_500

I believe that both me and Troy made offers on  that car the last time it was for sale. At that time the guys was partially interested but wanted the cars plus cash in a trade. Was too much cash plus my car for me to think about it, I think the same was true for Troy.

moparstuart

i would imagine he is really wanting cash now , with no reserve on it  .

69_500

As it sits I wouldn't say that $85K is out of the question, but it all depends on if the NOS parts are included or not. If they aren't then I'd say somewhere in the $65K range. Then again we know that won't happen. Someone will shill it up to around $100.

69bronzeT5

With NOS parts....$92k. Without NOS parts......$1 Bob! :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Chris G.

The best part about that car, is in the background of the picture.  ;)

But seriously, they have been shopping that '70 for a long time. I'm sure the Daytona will not sell with "no reserve". It will be shilled or pulled before they part with it. :Twocents:

ps- That rear window looks swollen or something?

pettybird

Poor car.

Guy's still a total moron for doing NOTHING more with it before relisting.  I think he's going to get hammered on it.

BigBlockSam

QuoteIt will be interesting to see what this one goes for 

:yesnod: :popcrn:

i think $85k is the number .  remember that yellow one with the black tail had trouble getting $127k . seems like the wing car market is holding it's own . Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on December 04, 2007, 12:10:30 AM
Poor car.

Guy's still a total moron for doing NOTHING more with it before relisting.  I think he's going to get hammered on it.

Maybe that's why he's selling it? He can't do anything more to it because of finances or motivation... 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

You should just offer him the 68 even up for that car Troy? Or did you try that one already too?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 04, 2007, 08:25:07 AM
You should just offer him the 68 even up for that car Troy? Or did you try that one already too?

Not sure I wanna do that now that the '68's almost done and done right body/paint wise....... I'd be getting myself way into a total resto. again... Now, maybe if it came with all the NOS parts........ But, I have asked him and he didn't at the time....... Think he needed the money
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

$70k, and sold to Australia... 

What a shame.

Beep Beep Dave

I am not sure how I feel on the $70k that it brought. A part of me thinks it was a pretty good deal because it was soo original, matching numbers, F6 :drool5: and a restored version of the same car would possibily bring double that. The other part thinks it might be a money pit to get right especially if you had to farm out the metal work. And not to mention the time investment needed to bring it all the way back.
I know my wife is relieved I am not bringing it home  :D
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparstuart

wish i had the money i would have bought that is a minute

daytonalo

One more time , is it, or isn't it the flood daytona ??

hemigeno