News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Time Slips

Started by dart3404, October 02, 2005, 07:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart3404

My time Slips from Saturday. I was very happy to get it into the 13.s this year.

Runner

what car did you do that in ?    13's is a good running car!

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

dart3404

I have a 72 Dart with a 340 in it.

MoparYoungGun

Chryco Psycho

Awesome , good MPH for the ET as well  :scope: :2thumbs:

Ghoste

What was it running before?

dart3404

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2005, 03:57:37 AM
What was it running before?

Last year my best run was a 14.0. I think the tires made a big difference. I ran Mickey Thomson sticky streets. Hope to get the 3.91s in it and run it one more time at new england dragway before end of season.  :icon_smile_approve:

j heads
268 xtream energy cam
800 edelbrock carb
air gap intake
hooker super comp headers
3.55 gears
M/T Sticky street tires
car weight is 3318 with me in it
I ran it in the dot class, full exhaust, pump gas, and street tires.

Mefirst

derailed

great running car Jen. I go over there almost every Sunday with my kid, i havent brought the charger there yet. Maybe you can answer a question for me. What do they mean when they mention electronics and non electronics cars?

Ghoste

Electronics cars would be ones that have stutter boxes, for example.  You ever notice at the line how some cars rev up and sound like they are missing?  They are.  They have a unit which controls the starting line rpm in the same way as a rev limiter so they can leave at the same rpm.  Some cars will have the option of programming both lanes dial in and then it won't release the trans brake until the countdown is complete.  Things like that.
Non electronic is just an old fashioned eyeball on the tree and somebody with their foot on the brake.

dart3404

yeah, what he said.

You would most likely run in DOT street class or non-electronics. I run the Dart in DOT
I'm going on Saturday Oct 22 for the open test and tune weather permitting. Last year we went around this time and I had 6 passes in by 12:00.  :boogie:

derailed

Thanks  i figured it had something to do like that but wasnt exactly sure how it worked. Ive been dying to get the car over there for a test and tune just for fun and to see how bad i can embarass myself ;D

dart3404

You wont embarrass yourself. It's all in good fun. That is what the T&T is for practice and getting it tuned in to run its best.

Ghoste

Be careful though.  It's very addictive.  :icon_smile_big:

derailed

Yeah i know, ive been really wanting to run my car there. im sure after the first time i do ill be there every week with it. My friend has a orange 38 furd pickup with a 383 cheby and whitewalls on it. He started running it there last year and got hooked. Now hes all dialed in and running high 11s. Its a real sleeper.