News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problem seeing all the text

Started by new_red_67, October 02, 2005, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new_red_67

Hi Troy,

Hate to bug you about something trivial, but how do I set the layout where I can see all the text of a post?  Some posts have the little up and down arrows for scrolling, but others don't.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for taking on this project.  Let members know how they can help if you see a need - no point in getting overwhelmed yourself when there are lots of members, including myself, who would help at the drop of a hat.

:icon_smile_big:

Thanks, Herman
Lead, follow, or get the hell out the way!

57 Desoto Firedome 2 dr hdtp 341 hemi
67 Charger  383, auto, a/c

Charger_Fan

It sounds like the size setting on your monitor is a little off. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to adjust that & the one I'm sitting in front of here at work doesn't adjust, because my boss is cheap. ::) ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about. When you are looking at the site, hit the "PrtScn" button over at the top right of your keyboard (left of the number pad and above "Home", "Delete", "Insert", etc.). This will save a screenshot to your clipboard. Hopefully you have Paint since it should be installed already if you're on Windows. Open Paint and create a new image. Right click in the middle and there should be an option to "Paste" so choose that. When you do, the image should look like the browser window you just saved a copy of. Save the image as a .jpg file and either attach it to a post on this thread or email it to me. I'll try to figure out what you are seeing.

If that doesn't work, send me links or thread numbers to the threads that look different for you. The thread number can be found by looking at the address. For example, this one "http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3743.0.html" has a number of 3743.0.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

67_Dodge_Charger

All you need to do is adjust the font size.  Click on the view botton, then click on font size.  Select the next smaller size font. 

If this does not work, slam the computer against the wall.  No more problems. :flame:

Robert

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on October 05, 2005, 02:33:45 PM
All you need to do is adjust the font size.   Click on the view botton, then click on font size.   Select the next smaller size font.  
Nice job! I knew it was easy to do, but forgot. It's one of those things I don't really think about or use too often. :icon_smile_big:

Oh & my work monitor is adjustable that way...of course. :-\ ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

new_red_67

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on October 05, 2005, 02:33:45 PM
All you need to do is adjust the font size.  Click on the view botton, then click on font size.  Select the next smaller size font. 

If this does not work, slam the computer against the wall.  No more problems. :flame:

Robert

Thanks Robert, that worked like a champ!  All I had to do was hold down Ctrl and press - till all the text was visible.   :icon_smile_big:

Herman
Lead, follow, or get the hell out the way!

57 Desoto Firedome 2 dr hdtp 341 hemi
67 Charger  383, auto, a/c